Light-O-Rama Forums

2 channels acting as one on a LOR1602W controller

geekboy

I've seen questions about single bad channels, but I haven't seen this issue on the forum yet, so here goes:

I have three LOR1602W controllers. The oldest one (five years old now, from the series where the "high voltage" warning was a sticker instead of screen-printed right onto the enclosure) has suddenly decided to have two channels completely mirror each other. So on that unit channels 7 and 8 both come on if EITHER input is triggers. Fire channel 7, both 7 and 8 come on. Fire channel 8, both 7 and 8 come on.

WILDLY annoying.

So - before I open a ticket, is there any one with a "quick and dirty" solution to somehow reset those channels or that box? Everything else with that box and all the other boxes works just fine.

Assuming you have eliminated any issues on the sequence or channel config side, try a reset: power down, ID dials to 0, power up, twiddle thumbs for 30 seconds, power down, reset unit ID, test.

Has this just started after working fine? While it might be as simple as a needed reset, it could be other things too..dongle/cord connection (a short or swapped cord), channel config, etc.

Its worth your time to check the controller via the hardware utility to see if it exhibits the same symptoms.

Sorry - should have been more clear:

1: The problem started at some time between Monday night's shows and Tuesday night's shows. No cords or setting were changed at any point. Nothing was powered down, unplugged, waved at, anything.

2: I used the hardware utility to check the channels manually. They are indeed mirrored - pushing up one slider lights both channels.

I will try the ID reset tomorrow and report back. For tonight i have swapped those channels to the last two unused channels on the third controller and done a fast channel remapping (hooray for config export/import!)

THANKS!

I would try the reset also and if that doesnt work then submit a ticket informing LOR that you attempted a reset..... but the reset may work sometimes technology needs a good kick int he A$$ just like computers and routers needing a restart