Light-O-Rama Forums

Nasty Neighbor

testraub

Sure glad I don't have any neighbors that DON'T like Christmas Displays. The bigger it is, the better they like it. Although no traffic has started flowing through, so that attitude may change if they start seeing a lot of traffic, then again, most of my neighbors throw very large parties and have cars parked all over the place when they do.

That's about the only thing that annoys me is when they have them and their guests park in front of my house blocking the display from everyone else's view that may come by and want to see it.

But I'm not saying anything, better to just keep the peace and let what happens happen and see where it goes.

But it does amaze me how many people think they OWN the sidewalk and that 3' stretch in front of it that belongs to either the city or county. Just because you may mow that side of the sidewalk doesn't mean it's yours! But try and convince some of these folks of that.

As for the bad neighbor and peeing on the lawn, go out and see if you can find some AIRCRAFT LANDING LIGHTS and face those toward their house. A few wild sequences using those, they'll get the message.....then again, maybe not!:P

Guest wbottomley

caniac wrote:

Had my first heckler of the night!! Said "Boy, you guys like Christmas but this F*(king sucks".

My response would be... your opinion is like a__holes. everyone has one and yours smells like _hit.

The reality is that most streets have at least one grinch that has a boring life and needs to create conflict to exciten their lives. These people you will never make happy so dont bother trying. The main thing is that you try your best to manage the traffic is way that minimises the impact to your neighbours.
Last year i had a neighbour that turned ferral on me because she had run out of neighbours to fight with and i was next in line, she tried hard to make me misserable but i just ignored here and lucky for me she moved this year and i have a lovely neighbour now living next door, most of my neigbours support my display because they see im actively trying to minimise the impact by doing traffic control and diverting the traffic one way, walking the block after the display is finished to clean up any rubbish, small things like this do go a long way to keeping neighbours happy.

Bernie wrote:

Forget peeing in the yard. Take a dump on the front porch!

Bernie
put it in a paper bag on the porch lite bag RUN

just cut their power with bolt cutters wearing leather gloves Christmas eve.. don't worry you won't feel a thing other than knowing the cranky lady has no lighted tree.. no heat or ac .. depending on what might be "needed".. I hate people that are total bum wipes this time of year... thankfully my neighbor came to visit with his "red solo cup" ... and chat about how things happpen.. others watch waiting so their kids can enjoy.. mean ***** neighbor nope.. Tom .. I suggest giving your neighbor some AA and AAA batteries soon... bet her mood changes.

pyromill wrote:

just cut their power with bolt cutters wearing leather gloves Christmas eve.. don't worry you won't feel a thing other than knowing the cranky lady has no lighted tree.. no heat or ac .. depending on what might be "needed".. I hate people that are total bum wipes this time of year... thankfully my neighbor came to visit with his "red solo cup" ... and chat about how things happpen.. others watch waiting so their kids can enjoy.. mean ***** neighbor nope.. Tom .. I suggest giving your neighbor some AA and AAA batteries soon... bet her mood changes.

The good part of this is the husband, an electrician I used to work with. Soooooo cutting the lines will NOT work :P

Tom Straub

It's sometimes easy to forget the season or why I do this in the first place with the inconsiderate grumps around. I have found myself outside mumbling "Turn your headlights off, you moron" or something equally unfriendly until my 13 year old daughter told me "Dad, you can't be an elf and a grinch at the same time." She is right. I love that people drive from far to see my shows. I have gotten great responses, tons of traffic, and lots of donations. Does everyone love it? I doubt it. But I try my best. And I also don't try to figure out the litterers, horn honkers, people who get out of their cars and disturb others, the highbeams guy, or those who burn rubber leaving a show. I am trying harder to be the guy bringing a little blinking bit of happiness to others, and not one worrying about those like the unhappy neighbor of yours. Chalk her response up to a bad day, bad week, or bad life. I would rather be in my shoes than theirs. Don't sweat the petty stuff (and don't pet the sweaty stuff.) Enjoy making people enjoy.