Light-O-Rama Forums

Nasty Neighbor

testraub

I have about 15 sequences (some from last year, expanded) but tonight was taking a video when the nieghbors Wife pulled up asking me "what are you doing in our yard?" (I was standing on the curb (county property) and just said "taking video of my show.") Got read the riot act. Not like this is my first year doing a show. Told her that I wasn't doing anything wrong, but then her Husband pulled up and stated "okay"

What to do? I didn't pee in their yard or anything.

Tom Straub

Surfing4Dough wrote:

testraub wrote:
What to do?

Go pee in their yard. :cool:
I'll pee in the yard, I am always doing something I shouldn't so it would be like fulfilling some sort of warped prophecy - just take care of my controllers if they lock me up.

Jajajajajaajajaj
Happened the same to me, I was not on my neighbors yard, I was into my neighbors porch (by that time nobody was there so I decided to get into the porch) also I brought a small radio to tune my songs and I had to plug the radio cord to my neighbors power outlet into his porch. So far so good.
My show is about 32 minutes long, every thing was ok but my neighbor's girlfriend came from no where from the street. I had to explain what I'm doing in her porch and offer a sorry about that, she was ok but she said: better to fast my boyfriend is coming soon!
Ten minutes later I finished to record my video.

Bernie wrote:

Forget peeing in the yard. Take a dump on the front porch!

Bernie
I would need my son for that job, can empty both large and small intestines in one shot!!

testraub wrote:

I have about 15 sequences (some from last year, expanded) but tonight was taking a video when the nieghbors Wife pulled up asking me "what are you doing in our yard?" (I was standing on the curb (county property) and just said "taking video of my show.") Got read the riot act. Not like this is my first year doing a show. Told her that I wasn't doing anything wrong, but then her Husband pulled up and stated "okay"

Tom Straub

Have you been on good terms with them in the past?

If so, seems like a calm conversation with them is warranted.

If not, if they've always been the scrooges of the neighborhood, some of the other suggestions may be more apporpriate.

Some of my neighbors were cranky when my original shows were 30 minutes long because traffic backed up for several blocks. After I limited the shows to no more than 15 minutes, traffic settled started flowing better and the neighbors relaxed.
It is always better to have a direct conversation with your neighbor and try to work out a solution. The light show only lasts for a month, the neighbor will br there all year.

Bernie wrote:

Forget peeing in the yard. Take a dump on the front porch!

Bernie

I vote for Bernie's Idea! I had a neighbor who is a crab inform me he wasnt happy about a pizza box he found on his front lawn last year most likely from one of my visitors. I told him (in a completely sarcastic manner) if you find any pizza boxes on your front lawn this year you call me right away and i will be right over to remove it! WHAT A TOOL!

Guest wbottomley

testraub wrote:

Tom Straub

I would have said I'm standing on public property taking video of my display.

Brush it off.