Light-O-Rama Forums

Closing Multiple Sequences That Are Open

jimswinder

I thought I had seen this posted before...and thought it would have been fixed on one of the later releases...but not being able to find it again, maybe I am not remembering correctly.

Anyway...when you have multiple sequences open, you can close down the first one, but the second, you never can (or save it) until you close down the whole editor, which is becoming very annoying since I usually have two (or more) sequences open to do some copy and pasting.

Anyone else seeing this...or remember the thread/poster that I THOUGHT posted about this?

thanks...

I use the third icon over from the left to close sequences. I just tested it with 5 open at once, and I was able to close them one at a time with that yellow icon next to the "open" icon...How are you trying to close them down?

Personally, I don't recall seeing this mentioned before. But then, this time of year it's easy to not see threads as quickly as pages fill.

I'm unable to duplicate your problem with multiple open sequences. I work that way quite often and have never had an issue with saving or closing any or all open sequences. When I close one, the other tabs just slide to the left and I can access any of them just fine. Maybe this is another manifestation of the Wnder curse?

Randy wrote:

I use the third icon over from the left to close sequences. I just tested it with 5 open at once, and I was able to close them one at a time with that yellow icon next to the "open" icon...How are you trying to close them down?
I use the WINDOW>"Tile Horizontaly"..

then use the "X" in the right hand corner...

Using the "Close Folder" icon works for me though...never have used that to close files before...

Just opening several Sequences and having them just open (Not tiled) I can close them also...

So maybe Horizonitally (and Vertically and Cascade) don't work...

Just tried 3 sequences open in "Cascade"...could close two but not the last one (using the "X"'s).

jimswinder wrote:

I thought I had seen this posted before...and thought it would have been fixed on one of the later releases...but not being able to find it again, maybe I am not remembering correctly.

Anyway...when you have multiple sequences open, you can close down the first one, but the second, you never can (or save it) until you close down the whole editor, which is becoming very annoying since I usually have two (or more) sequences open to do some copy and pasting.

Anyone else seeing this...or remember the thread/poster that I THOUGHT posted about this?

thanks...

I, too, have had some trouble closing the second sequence after closing the one before it, but only when they have been opened in separate windows. (not in the tabs form) I do this quite often in order to cut and paste from older sequences to newer ones with different configurations. I've experienced this problem going back to early versions of LOR 2. When it happens, I get around this by placing the mouse cursor in the region of the window title bar of the sequence that won't close or save and then move the window slightly. After this, I've been able to then close, save or resize the window. I hope this helps.

Brad Stucky wrote:

When it happens, I get around this by placing the mouse cursor in the region of the window title bar of the sequence that won't close and then move the window slightly. After this, I've been able to then close, save or resize the window. I hope this helps.

Hey!! that works for me!!!

Thanks!!!

Bug still needs fixing though... :D