Light-O-Rama Forums

first 2 seconds cut off while playing show

ClydeL

I've looked for others who posted with the same problem.

I found that adding a few seconds between songs helps... but for each song to play correctly, the delay needs to be set at 11 seconds. Some people leave because they think the show is over. I don't understand why some songs do it and others don't. Anyone have this issue? If so, where you able to fix it... and how?

Thanks

Ok,

Using S3 software 3.1.2
I'm running Windows XP on the show computer.
Duel core Athelon processor. This computer was purchased new (4 years ago) and is used only for the show. I use antivirus, but the show computer is never online. Any sequences I create are done on my desktop then transferred to the show computer via thumb-drive.

I have not received any error messages at all. So far LOR has been pretty simple plug-and-play with minimal setup needed other than setting unit ID #'s

I have not run the verifier yet. I've never used it, nor knew of it's existence till this year's update. I'll do that when I get home tonight after classes.

This is a consistent problem I've experienced since year one(4 years ago). This year, though 6 seconds is not making the show run correctly as it had in the past.

Thanks again guys!

I am having a similar issue however I am running the show through DC-MP# show directo, not my PC. Ramdomly though out the show the sequences will start but the music doesn't. Eventually, 3-5 seconds the music will come on. Not sure what I can do.

You should definitely check the "Used Compressed Sequences" choice in the Control Panel list (right click on the Control Panel icon). It will compile your sequences and drastically reduce load times.

In the Show Editor, under Options, have you checked the box for "Sequences are loaded before any are played" ??

JonB256 wrote:

...In the Show Editor, under Options, have you checked the box for "Sequences are loaded before any are played" ??
Just checked this and made the change. I'll see if it works tomorrow ! Thanks.

I had been having some skip going on not only at beginning of sequence but at intermittant times during the sequence. Last night I disabled the enhancements features in the sound card and the problem went away. You might want to give it a try. This was with Windows 7 and 3.14 S3.