Light-O-Rama Forums

SHOW EDITOR

MrBiteMe4

I've been a LOR user for 5-6 years with no problems. I recently upgraded to S3 and had no problems to report, UNTIL.... I started the show named "Christmas Best Of 2011". When the show came on it played some, but not all of the songs in the show. I renamed the show to refresh it, but had the same problem. I've used the show editor for years and it has worked fine. All the sequences work fine individually. Any known software glithes with the show editor?

HELP:shock:

When the Show Player skips a sequence, it should put a log message out to the status window describing why it did so. Did any such message come out? If so, what did it say, exactly, word for word?

Didnt look. Is there a backup log or should I just watch it again. I got frustrated and didnt think about that.

The only thing I did after shutting down the show last year is upgrade to S3. Everything's the same which leads me to believe that it was merely the upgrade that has caused the problem. Maybe it changed a file association or something.

No, the log is not saved anywhere unless you save it. I suggest trying it again, and if the same thing happens, checking out the log. If the reason isn't clear from what the log says, please let me know exactly what the log says, word for word.

any chance you moved the audio files they are looking for?

I have always found when a sequence I am expecting to play doesn't is because I forget to transfer the audio from my desktop to my show computer...

Question..on the show editor, do you have the sequences in a specific order...or are you having them "shuffled"....last year, i had shuffle on, and it kept missing 2 of the 15 songs...no rhyme or reason, looked at the log, and some songs would go 2 or 3 times during the night...and the same 2 songs, no errors, just never played...went to the other method of putting them in the order I wanted, and worked fine, all 15 played.

jimswinder wrote:

I know this is WAAAAY off topic...just noticed that MrBiteMe4 avatar and bob's are quite similar...

like twins separated at birth!!!

Yes, Jim, it was way off topic; but it was funny!

jimswinder wrote:

I know this is WAAAAY off topic...just noticed that MrBiteMe4 avatar and bob's are quite similar...

This is what MrBiteMe4 will look like in a few years!!! :P

LOL, Bob's older. He's got bifocals.

Nothing has changed. everthing is in the same folders. I'll try and see what the log says. Shouldnt have upgraded yet i guess!

Problem solved! It appears that there is a slight path change from the shows created in S2, or and change occured while upgrading. I simply created new shows using the S3 upgrade instead of the ones created in S2, and it WORKED. I dont know why, but....

Thanks for the input:dude: