Light-O-Rama Forums

Sinnamon Lights 2011 - Videos

Geoff Harvey

Absolutely fantastic! Another Classic Christmas traditions is born. Your up display is up there with many of the other greats that I love watching! Phenomenal!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great display Geoff and I am proud to say that you are part of my Lighting Community and that your display is never over done and I cant wait to see what you come up with this year.

And it is as awesome in real life as it is on video.

Regards,

Bevo

Did you program this in S2 or S3. Thinking about updating to S3 and Superstar this year. Love you show !

trafficman wrote:

Did you program this in S2 or S3. Thinking about updating to S3 and Superstar this year. Love you show !

My 2011 sequences were all done in S3 but without using the visualizer. With the complexity of my setup, the old S2 visualizer was not able to represent the lights effectively, and with time pressures just before Christmas, I decided learning the new visualizer could wait til 2012. I did found the groups feature extremely useful to control the display of channels during sequencing.

This year I committed to participating in an Australian Lifestyle Channel program on Christmas lights and this required the lights to be ready for filming early November. I was then able to use the rest of November to sequence additional songs.

Regards Geoff

pikadroo wrote:

I just saw Wizards of Winter on Vimeo and I have to say I think Wizards of Winter as far as a the song for this display isn't worthy enough. In fact it's got me thinking I am going to dump Wizards of Winter as a song in my display cuz it's too limited in it's composition almost not even interesting anymore. I think the other songs are far more worthy in this display because it's like all this neat stuff going on that you might not catch the first time so you have to see it again and again.

I dunno, that's just my thoughts on that song. The display is still amazing but the song doesn't allow the display to be completely used like in the other songs. =)

Drew

Hi Drew

While I don't disagree with your observations, WIW prooved to be the most popular sequence with the visitors. As with most displays, the videos often do not do justice to the display when seen live. This was particularly so with WIW. In Australia, Christmas is mid summer, and this season it was usual to have 100+ visitors standing/sitting on the opposite footpaths watching the display. With the big build up at the end of WIW, it was quite common for the crowd to burst out in spontaneous applause. (This was a little un-nerving the first few times, but it became the norm, and was much appreciated.) Applause also occurred with the other sequences, but was most pronounced for WIW.

My normal approach to sequencing has been to keep the display well lit at all times and to utilize the different elements to follow the music beats - minitrees, megatree, roof trees, stars, icicles, bushes, spinners etc. This keeps the display very busy and as you commented, you will see diferent elements each time you watch. This is particularly so when viewed live as the display is bigger in area than can be viewed as a whole. When I did WIW, I chose to restrict the use of multiple elements at different parts of the song, but instead concentrate on specific individual effects and transitions. There are some areas where I will change the sequence for 2012, BUT, I will definitely be running it again.

Thank you for your comments - Geoff

• The topic was locked