Light-O-Rama Forums

Network

ken collins

First time networking. I have my normal show on comm 5, network a on comm 4, and network b on comm 8. I have assigned the channels in the sequence editor there networks, and have set the network preferences. When I run the sequence, only the normal network plays. I'm skipping something someplace, just to brain dead to figure it out.

Hi Ken,

I hate to ask a DUH question, but did you connect a separate USB485 for each additional network?

When you run the HU and manually select your comm setting does it find the controllers on the new network(s)?

When you search a different comm setting than your regular one and it asks if you want to use that comm setting for your show, be sure to say no. (Yes, I know it's counter-intuitive, but trust me.)

I have a similar problem and may have a failed comm port. How do you know if a comm port is bad. Any help would be graciously accepted. Thank You.

my 485 couldn't be found in the HU. It did the first time I tried and when I had this problem, I went through the whole set-up again. Then looked inside the port on the computer and saw the prongs were misaligned. Poke'd around with a little screwdriver to re-align them and working fine sense.

I just discovered the source of the problem that I have. When I initially purchased my controllers, software, and license, I also purchased the USB485B adapter, the one with 8 pins on each output socket. Later, I purchased 4 more controllers and 12 CCR's. Brian Bruderer indicates that 2 more USB 485 adapters are required to have 6 CCR's on one network and the other 6 CCR's on another network. Mary at LOR said that they forgot to include the 2 additional adapters with the ribbon shipment but they would include them with my 4 additional controllers. They arrived and I put them aside until I got the CCR's ready for data. I plugged all the rest of my display into the original USB485B adapter and the 12 ribbons into the USB485 connectors and have been wrestling for days trying to get the ribbons to work like the rest of my stuff. I finally descovered that the 2 USB485 connectors have six pins in the output socket and the first USB485B has eight pins. The CAT 5 cables that I made all have eight pins as does all CAT5 cables. Will call LOR tomorrow to resolve the problem ASAP since we are having another pqrty this weekend and I want to be up and running.

• The topic was locked