Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Crashed

Nurples

The show has been running for a few days now, but yesterday, it just stopped. I came home from town and it stopped just as I pulled into the driveway. When I looked at the computer, I got a long error list. Here is the last few lines of it... seems to just repeat over and over.

9:38:50 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Amazing Grace 2011.lms
9:38:50 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error in loading DLL) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Chipmunks 2011.lms
9:38:50 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Music Box Dancer 2011.lms
9:38:50 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Silent Night2011.lms
9:38:50 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Oh Come All Ye Faithful 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Music Box Dancer 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Silent Night2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Wizards in Winter - TSO 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Oh Come All Ye Faithful 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New THX 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Amazing Grace 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Music Box Dancer 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Silent Night2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Wizards in Winter - TSO 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Oh Come All Ye Faithful 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New THX 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Amazing Grace 2011.lms
9:38:51 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error in loading DLL) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Chipmunks 2011.lms
9:38:52 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Silent Night2011.lms
9:38:52 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Oh Come All Ye Faithful 2011.lms
9:38:52 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New THX 2011.lms
9:38:52 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Automation error Library not registered. ) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Amazing Grace 2011.lms
9:38:52 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error in loading DLL) Musical: C:Documents and SettingsTonyaMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMy New Chipmunks 2011.lms
9:38:52 PM: Immediate shutdown requested
9:38:52 PM: Show Player shutting down
9:38:52 PM: tmNextAction_Timer Error: Object variable or With block variable not set

You can see at the end where I shut the show down and got a different error. I closed the control panel and restarted it and the show ran just fine. I haven't had any issues with today's show yet.

Sorry, guess I should have included the extra details.

I'm running 3.1.2 (just installed a few days ago) on Windows XP.

I'll upgrade tonight after the show is complete and report if it happens again. Thanks for the reply.

I had a different error than you did, mine says 'ERROR PLAYING SEQUENCE (Automation Error: the object invoked has disconnected from its clients) Musical' then the path to the file that was playing.

It happened once last night and so far three times tonight. It stops the currently playing sequence and starts the next one which causes the first sequence in the show to replay again at the end of the show.

I will download 3.1.4 tonight also and see if it happens again tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

I downloaded and installed 3.1.4 before my show was over because it crashed again, I started the show and noticed it was already after 10PM so I made sure there was no visitors then did a 'Disable show immediatly' command and got the following error: 'tmNextAction_Timer error: Object variable or With Block variable not set'

I have WinXP that I reloaded yesterday because I was having problems with my Antivirus program crashing the PC. I haven't done windows updates yet and I just saw in another thread where I should complete the updates to see if that corrects any problems. I will go start that and keep you posted.

Show ran fine tonight with no errors. The LOR Control Panel has been running for about 24 hours with no issues. 3.1.4 seems to have fixed the issues so far.

Thanks! :)

kzaas wrote:

I had a different error than you did, mine says 'ERROR PLAYING SEQUENCE (Automation Error: the object invoked has disconnected from its clients) Musical' then the path to the file that was playing.

It happened once last night and so far three times tonight. It stops the currently playing sequence and starts the next one which causes the first sequence in the show to replay again at the end of the show.

I will download 3.1.4 tonight also and see if it happens again tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

I loaded 3.1.4 and did all of Windows updates and I am still getting the same error as above. Did any of the BETA testers use WinXP? This is really embarrassing when my show crashes, I now wish I had not upgraded to S3 until after the first of the year.

Does anybody have any more ideas on how to fix this thing. Could this be a memory failing issue?

PLEASE HELP!

kzaas wrote:
Did any of the BETA testers use WinXP?

In beta testing, I had xp on one box, xp pro on another, and a third box running vista.

kzaas wrote:

I loaded 3.1.4 and did all of Windows updates and I am still getting the same error as above. Did any of the BETA testers use WinXP?

We do almost all of our development on Windows XP...

I'll make sure Bob sees this so he can give you a hand.

DevMike wrote:

kzaas wrote:

I loaded 3.1.4 and did all of Windows updates and I am still getting the same error as above. Did any of the BETA testers use WinXP?

Thank you, it has done it three more times since my last post.:X

One more thing, could this be caused my sequences not being in the default sequence directory? They are in two more directory's below.(ie...DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesZaas 20112011 Completed.

kzaas wrote:

DevMike wrote:
kzaas wrote:

Thank you, it has done it three more times since my last post.:X

One more thing, could this be caused my sequences not being in the default sequence directory? They are in two more directory's below.(ie...DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesZaas 20112011 Completed.

I have two different shows that run at about 25 minutes each, one at the top of the hour and the other at the bottom of the hour. Between each show I run a 1 min animation sequence to fill in the dead time, so it loops until the next show. I even do this at end of the last show to run the lights until 10 PM.

Last night after the last show the LAS file kept erroring out just like the musical sequences did every once in a while(it filled the LORMonitor Log). This is the error: 'ERROR PLAYING SEQUENCE (Automation Error: the object invoked has disconnected from its clients) Animation' and then the path to the file that was playing. This kept happening for the 5 minute fill show and then at 10PM when the show was supposed to shut down, it didn't shut down all of the lights, I had to shut them down manually using the Hardware Utility.

Could this be happening because of the sequences having 'Control Visualizer' checked under the play menu and I am not running the visualizer?

PLEASE HELP!, this is so embarrassing to keep having my show crash. To my viewers this doesn't refelect on Light-O-Rama, it reflects on me. Most people don't have a clue how we do this and I don't go out there and blame this on Light-O-Rama, I just say I am having software issues.

could this be caused my sequences not being in the default sequence directory?

I seriously doubt it.

Could this be happening because of the sequences having 'Control Visualizer' checked under the play menu and I am not running the visualizer?

I don't know of a problem with "Control Visualizer" being checked, but it's definitely worth a shot turning it off. Make sure to turn it off in the LOR Control Panel's popup menu rather than the Sequence Editor.

A similar shot-in-the-dark thing to try: Perhaps turn off "Use Compressed Sequences" (on the LOR Control Panel's popup menu).

If either of these fix the issue, please let us know.

Another thing to try: Exit all running programs, especially LOR programs (including the LOR Control Panel, which you can exit by selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from its popup menu). Go to your computer's "Add/Remove Programs". Find the "Light-O-Rama" entry. NOTE: If there is more than one "Light-O-Rama" entry, DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Instead, just let me know.

Assuming there is only one "Light-O-Rama" entry, select it, and do a "Repair" on it. There may be a "Repair" button that you can push to do this; otherwise, double click on the entry and it should give you several choices of what to do, one of which should be "Repair".

"I don't know of a problem with "Control Visualizer" being checked, but it's definitely worth a shot turning it off. Make sure to turn it off in the LOR Control Panel's popup menu rather than the Sequence Editor."

The 'Control Visualizer' was already off in the control panel.

"A similar shot-in-the-dark thing to try: Perhaps turn off "Use Compressed Sequences" (on the LOR Control Panel's popup menu)."

'Use Compressed Sequences' was also off.

"If either of these fix the issue, please let us know."

So neither one of those were the problem.

"Another thing to try: Exit all running programs, especially LOR programs (including the LOR Control Panel, which you can exit by selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from its popup menu). Go to your computer's "Add/Remove Programs". Find the "Light-O-Rama" entry. NOTE: If there is more than one "Light-O-Rama" entry, DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Instead, just let me know."

"Assuming there is only one "Light-O-Rama" entry, select it, and do a "Repair" on it. There may be a "Repair" button that you can push to do this; otherwise, double click on the entry and it should give you several choices of what to do, one of which should be "Repair"."

There was only one Light-O-Rama listed in the Add/Remove Program dialog box but instead of repairing it , I removed it. Then then removed all of the Light-O-Rama entries from the registry manually(I couldn't find the LOR regclean everyone speaks about). I then reinstalled Light-O-Rama and I know you said you highly doubt that this was causing any problems but, I reorganized my 'Sequences' directory for a couple of reasons and now the show sequnces are directly in the 'Sequences' directory. After all of that I then rebuilt my shows and schedule and I thought there was no way I am going to have problems now.

AAAAGGGHHH, It still failed with the same error!! But then I started thinking...I did not reboot the machine after making all of those changes. So I rebooted and the show ran clean for the next three hours. YYEEAAHH!!

Moral to this story? Always reboot your PC after making major changes like I did, especially any registry modifications.

Thank you Bob, DevMike and Jbullard for you help.

Well tonight it crashed again, only this time it didn't post anything in the log. When I checked the PC I noticed that some how the show was disabled and the log didn't indicate anything about a shut down or disable.

This is so frustrating!!!!!:(:(:X:X:(:(

Windows 7 having same issues even after the 3.14 upgrade. Ran OK first two nights after upgrade, but the last two nights both had failed start ups which required complete restart of machine. Are you using Isolated adapters? How many networks? I have 3 networks running with a 4 way USB splitter that is powered, and two adapters are isolated, one is regular. We have 4 ELL's running as well to all the neighbors. Not sure if replacing the third USB regular adapter to Isloated would improve things or not. All network cables are new this year, and run independent of the powered cables. The 3.14 upgrade has improved the crash to the point that I don't have to hard power off the pc, I still can restart with windows command, but none the less no show. Agreed that it is not a desireable position. I have four neighbors whom are running their shows off my network and not very pleased. I am traveling in London and have to call every night at midnight London time to walk one of the neighbors through restarting the show. There is something still leaking out of the program. Is anyone with 3.14 running without any issues? If so, what is your setup/configuration like?

Mine is fine, running 3.1.4 on XP Pro. 64 channels off of one USB adapter. Two color mega tree with star, mini trees, other assorted props.

I am pissed, LOR is driving away my viewers because it keeps crashing. Last night and tonight LOR monitor just stopped and said it had an error, but there is no information, it just disabled the show and I had to reenable it. Other times it still gets the same errors I mentioned earlier in this thread. The only thing different from last year(which was problem free) is switching to S3 and adding 3 more controllers. What the H is going on. I know its not the USB converter because it is ran the same way as last year.

SOMEBODY PPLLEEAASSEE tell me how to fix this thing. I am running WinXP SP3, 2.4GHZ with 2 gigs of memory. 11 regular controllers, 2 CCR's and a Measurement computing 96 channel DIO board of which I am using 39 channels.

kzaas wrote:

I am pissed, LOR is driving away my viewers because it keeps crashing. Last night and tonight LOR monitor just stopped and said it had an error, but there is no information, it just disabled the show and I had to reenable it. Other times it still gets the same errors I mentioned earlier in this thread. The only thing different from last year(which was problem free) is switching to S3 and adding 3 more controllers. What the H is going on. I know its not the USB converter because it is ran the same way as last year.

SOMEBODY PPLLEEAASSEE tell me how to fix this thing. I am running WinXP SP3, 2.4GHZ with 2 gigs of memory. 11 regular controllers, 2 CCR's and a Measurement computing 96 channel DIO board of which I am using 39 channels.

Second time in a half hour that the 'LOR Monitor encountered an error and had to close' I wish I could go back to S2 but all my sequences are S3

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I get the LOR Monitor stopped working error. I have been running 3.0.0 for 2 weeks - no problems, then Wednesday evening - Come home, show is dark. Look and see the error, go thru the disable/re-enable, show works fine for the rest of the night. Now - Thurday night - Show has the LOR Monitor error 4 times, first occurance is 2 hrs in, 2nd/3rd and 4th are about 20 minutes apart from the each other after the first event. I just downloaded the 3.1.4 and hope that will correct the problem.

kzaas, is there anyone who will loan you a laptop or PC to try this on? There are too many people NOT having problems with version 3.1.4. I'd suspect your video card or drivers first. Can I assume you don't have printers or web server software or other non-show related things going on? Your processor and memory amounts are way more than adequate, and if all you have installed is XP SP3 and nothing else, that really only leaves some sort of hardware conflict, like your video card and drivers or sound card.

edit - I did a Google search for your original error message about an "Object being disconnected" and it seemed like most of the responses dealt with Microsoft Office Excel and Access database problems. Brings me back to a question about what other software you may have installed on that computer.