Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Crashed

Nurples

Things can be weird when it come to these setups. I built a new Windows 7 machine (identical hardware to my XP machine) with 3.1.4. I tested the machine with two controllers for 5 days. Ran without a hitch.

After this I swapped the drive in the show machine and it ran for about 12 minutes before it locked up. Of course being the technical person I am I shutdown the machine, slid the Windows 7 hard drive drive out, XP drive in and was back up and running.

How this could happen makes no sense to me.

Please run the LOR Verifier and LOR Disagnostic. Send the results of both to me (bob@lightorama.com).

If you have access to another computer, you may want to consider moving your show to that.

You mentioned that you wish you could fall back to LOR 2, but cannot because your sequences were made in LOR 3. If you want, please send the sequences to me, and I will make versions of them that will work in LOR 2 (they will not have LOR 3 features such as groups, of course, but functionally they will perform the same on your lights).

bob wrote:

Please run the LOR Verifier and LOR Disagnostic.  Send the results of both to me (bob@lightorama.com).

If you have access to another computer, you may want to consider moving your show to that.

You mentioned that you wish you could fall back to LOR 2, but cannot because your sequences were made in LOR 3.  If you want, please send the sequences to me, and I will make versions of them that will work in LOR 2 (they will not have LOR 3 features such as groups, of course, but functionally they will perform the same on your lights).

I was able to get a loaner PC with Win7 64bit and so far tonight I have been totaly error free. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Bob, I will continue troubleshooting my regular show PC as soon as possible and get you those items you requested. Thank you so very much for your help I know you are very busy right now.

JonB256, thank you for your input. With your comments about video and audio, you reminded me about a sound card I installed not too far back because I was having some sound issues. It didn't fix anything so I just went back to my motherboard audio but left the sound card in, so this could be causing the problem. I will check that out, time permitting.

Now that I have a functioning and stable show I can get back to other things that I have been neglecting and when I get some free time I will continue to troubleshoot the other PC and i will post my findings.

Thanks again everyone.:):)