Light-O-Rama Forums

Power Supply Bad

gmacw

I bought 12 of the CCRs, 3 two years ago & 9 last year. This is the first year I've taken them out of the boxes. I bought the advanced S3 & 12 CCR Superstar plus a sequence from Brian.
Everything was going fine, but when I went to test the CCRs one controller looked dead. It turns out that I got one bad power supply. I'm going to try to see if LOR will replace, but not too hopeful as it was over a year ago since I bought them.

Does anyone know local places i.e. Radio Shack, Home Depot, Lowes that would sell one of these. :P

O.k. so I dug through my box of electrical odds & ends & came across a power supply that has 120v AC input with 12v DC output 1.25A.The CCR power supply has an output of 12v DC 4A.

Will the one I found work although it has 3.75 less amps on the output or am I flirting with disaster here. I sure would hate to fry the controller before I even got a chance to use it!

I need to be like our government & learn to buy one extra of everything so I always have a spare! :?

I doubt that the under rated power supply would function correctly since the orginal was rated at 4 amps.

I have never actually measured the actual current that my CCRs are pulling from the power supply while operating though.

LOR sending out replacement power supply. Ya have to love the thoroughness & follow up from the LOR team. They definitely care about their customers!

• The topic was locked