Light-O-Rama Forums

S 3.1.4

mrforemark

I'm getting a message about serial port "8002 Com port error" then LOR goes into disabled mode and the little red light appears in the tray. Any clues from anyone?
mrforemark

Sounds like the COM port settings are messed up. Make sure everything is connected then open the Hardware Utility. If you get an error when you open it, then try the autoconfigure button. That should locate the correct COM port, and set it for you.

The device mgr. sees the usb port 2 and recocognizes TF 232R USB UART. We enabled the schedule and still get the Error code (8002) Open of serial port has failed.

in the hardware utility i now have comm 3 configured. When I select unit to configure it says "initializing" then I get "found 0 units"
When I try again I get a device search error stating Device search timer exceeded

No error when I open utility. Comm 3 appears. When I refresh it searches network then it finds 0 units. Where is best help source?

On some systems, Com3 is the built in modem. Are there any other com ports listed in the com port drop down?

If you then exit HWU, remove the dongle, and start the HWU again, which com ports are listed now? What one is missing?

there is only 1 in the drop down. It is Comm 3 . The only other choice is None.

I removed the connector from the port, shut down the utility and restarted it. I get a message saying:
The seriel port (Comm 3) assigned to LOR has a problem. You may need to select another port.
Open if seriel port 3 has failed.
Error: (8002) Invalid port number
Ehile: Executing Port open Property

I restartd again with the USB485 inserted. The message now says:
The seriel port (comm 3) assigned to LOR is in use.
Using the LOR control panel, make sure that shows are disabled.while you run hardware utility.

I turned all shows off. In the Hardware Utility it finds "0" units when I refresh. HELP!!!

When you do the refresh, you have at least one controller cabled up, and powered up? Does one of those controllers have at least a blinking, or solid status light?

With it cabled up, and the hardware utility running, does it continue blinking, or go solid?

If it continues blinking, did you install the drivers for the USB adapter before installing the hardware? If not, Windows usually installs drivers that won't provide the correct functionality.

You now have proof your PC and controller can talk.

What happens if you close hardware utility, and try sequence editor?