Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL

thevikester

Okay, I was doing a direct connect with my ELL from my computer, but didn't work because I didn't have a 485B, just a 485 so I purchased the B....I would PRESUME its the same driver and I should just be able to plug n play, I plugged, it recognized it on the same comm port...but to no avail, I'm still not getting anything from the ELL to th e NEXT ELL...hell< I went and stood right next to it, and still nothing. The light on the ELL is blinking, and the first controller, which is hooked to the other ELL is also blinking, not steady...any ideas??? thanks guys and gals

One more tidbit...I did not have the computer plugged in, only running off of battery power...could that be the issue? Not going out again tonite to check, but if someone knows thats the issue, I'll sleep better :P

Drivers are the same for the USB485, USB485B, and USB485ISO, as I have all of them. Normally, no two will pick the same COM port, as they should have unique identifiers in them, and the registry stores which ID associates with what com port.

What will get the ELL, is that unlike the controllers, it will not auto sync with different com port speeds. Try going to network preferences, and be sure you are set for medium speed.

Have you checked the ELLs in the hardware utility? You need to verify they are on the same channel, and same data rate. Click on the "LOR RF" tab to configure.

If you plug a controller into the 485B, can you communicate with the controller? If so, that confirms the 485B is not the issue.