Light-O-Rama Forums

CDI Pre Order Sale

paul sessel

I’m interested in the new RGB LED strips but I have a few more questions:
The CMB16D-QC is a 16 channel controller; would the RGB strips use up 3 channels for each strip (1 for each color)? Does the controller come with, or need an enclosure?
What is the Enttec open DMX USB dongle that is shown in the video? How is it different/better/worse than the CMB16D?
The strips can be cut… once they are cut, would all the sections still work, or is the piece that gets chopped off now garbage? Can chopped pieces be added to other full length strips? Can 1 x 15’ strip be made into 3 x 5’ strips? Can 4 x 15’ strips be made into 3 x 20 foot strips… etc?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paul sessel

• jimswinder

• Paul Roberson

• JBullard

Rob_V wrote:

The CMB16D-QC is a 16 channel controller; would the RGB strips use up 3 channels for each strip (1 for each color)? YES

Does the controller come with, or need an enclosure? No it doesnt come with one and needs one if you put it outside. I have one in the garage that just sits on a shelf.

What is the Enttec open DMX USB dongle that is shown in the video? How is it different/better/worse than the CMB16D? Dont know this one.

The strips can be cut… once they are cut, would all the sections still work, or is the piece that gets chopped off now garbage? Can chopped pieces be added to other full length strips? Can 1 x 15’ strip be made into 3 x 5’ strips? Can 4 x 15’ strips be made into 3 x 20 foot strips… etc? You can cut them up as much as you want (within the cutting marks) and rearrange them. remember, depending on the jacket, to consider the effects of the elements on the ends, I sealed mine with epoxy and heat shrink.

Rob_V wrote:

The CMB16D-QC is a 16 channel controller; would the RGB strips use up 3 channels for each strip (1 for each color)? Does the controller come with, or need an enclosure?
What is the Enttec open DMX USB dongle that is shown in the video? How is it different/better/worse than the CMB16D?
The strips can be cut… once they are cut, would all the sections still work, or is the piece that gets chopped off now garbage? Can chopped pieces be added to other full length strips? Can 1 x 15’ strip be made into 3 x 5’ strips? Can 4 x 15’ strips be made into 3 x 20 foot strips… etc?

A note on your 3 x 20' question. If you want/need a strip longer than the 5 meters (16') you can do that BUT you must introduce another power line past 5 meters. If you do not want you want the strip 'white' (ALL ON) the end furthest from the power input will be pink in color not white.

Around my garage I have a total of 10 meters. Without 2 power inputs it is pink on one end. I have it powered from the 2 top corners. It is the same color white powered this way.

If you plan to use these strips and cut them up to fit your needs you will need some wire and you will need to be able to solder.

I have not yet bought from CDI. Apparently everyone on here swears Paul has good products and service. So I am considering making a preorder this year.

I have a few questions though.

1. Are the LED's Full wave?
2. Is there a minimum order?
3. When during the year will these ship?
4. Are you billed when you order or when they ship?
5. How do I add my items to my cart?

Thanks!

Dan C wrote:

I have not yet bought from CDI. Apparently everyone on here swears Paul has good products and service. So I am considering making a preorder this year.

I have a few questions though.

1. Are the LED's Full wave?

Yes

2. Is there a minimum order?

No..but must buy by the case

3. When during the year will these ship?

Springtime

4. Are you billed when you order or when they ship?

See email below

5. How do I add my items to my cart?

See email below

Thanks!

email from Paul:

[align=left]Greetings!
[/align][align=left]Save up to 30% during our Pre Order Sales Event!
[/align]

At Creative Displays we celebrate the holidays right up until January 20th. Yes, it's time again for our once-a-year Pre Order Sales Event with big discounts on next season's prices and easy payment terms to boot. Our Pre Order Price list can be found at:

http://www.creativedisplays.com/Announcements

When you order from December 12th to January 20th, you'll save up to 30% on all of our commercial-grade holiday lights and accessories. Plus, all that's required to reserve your order is a 50% deposit with the balance due when the order ships in the spring.

Because of global economic pressures, production time has increased from 90 days to 180 days in some cases, so it's important to get our order in as early as possible. On a more positive note, manufacturing costs have stabilized, so we'll be able to see our prices stabilize as well.

This is a great opportunity for you to take advantage of early season orders for 2012 and save up to an additional 30%! But hurry - this sales event doesn't last long and it only happens once a year. Call 800-733-9617 or email paul@creativedisplays before January 20th for your free no-obligation, personalized price quote.
[align=left] Thank you for your patronage. Don't forget pricing can be found at:
http://www.creativedisplays.com/Announcements
[/align][align=left]Sincerely,

Paul Sessel [/align]Creative Displays, Inc.

Denis Chaput wrote:

Paul

When does the sale end?

And will you ship parcel post to Canada again this year

Denis

The sale will end on January 20. We will only be shipping by UPS this year - sorry!

imacericg wrote:

Being a newbie, I just called CDI and got the scoop on what a CDI presale is. This helped me, so I thought it might help you:

- Presale started today and will last until January 20th
- You call them up to place the order and they require half down at purchase
- The remaining half is due (plus shipping) when the products arrive in stock (starting in May)
- CDI uses this presale to help them determine whats going to be popular for the upcoming season.

CDI/Paul - If I misrepresented anything let me know.

I found the above helpful as I didn't know if it was like an Apple product launch (out of stock the first day) and $$$ is thin right now being weeks before Christmas so knowing that I have until mid-January to pay 50% of what I want helps out.

Hope this helped you!
Eric

Perfect! :dude:

I apologise if I missed this info somewhere on your website or in this thread.

What are typical shipping prices? And is there a discount to pay in full up-front?

Thanks!

LORi P wrote:

I apologise if I missed this info somewhere on your website or in this thread.

What are typical shipping prices? And is there a discount to pay in full up-front?

Thanks!

We ship UPS ground and we are your neighbor in Overland Park so shipping won't be too bad. There is no further discount for full payment.

Paul
On your website the led minis look like they all show them being an M6 and on your price list I see only M5's listed. What is the difference? and which one is the pre order light?
Wayne

Wayne K wrote:

Paul
On your website the led minis look like they all show them being an M6 and on your price list I see only M5's listed. What is the difference? and which one is the pre order light?
Wayne

They are both the same.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the sale. Have a question on the C6 icicle lights.

Are they green or white wire? Says green but in the past was white.

Thanks, Ed

Ed Slonka Jr wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the sale. Have a question on the C6 icicle lights.

Are they green or white wire? Says green but in the past was white.

Thanks, Ed

White wire - typo!