Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director with MP3 Player

Florida Santa

I just recently purchashed the Mini Director with MP3 Player. I built a show using the Hardware Utility and plugged it in to controller 3. The music will play but I have no animation or lights coming on? Any suggestions on this? They work fine when using my pc and the USB 45B controller. Thanks

Florida Santa wrote:

I just recently purchashed the Mini Director with MP3 Player. I built a show using the Hardware Utility and plugged it in to controller 3. The music will play but I have no animation or lights coming on? Any suggestions on this? They work fine when using my pc and the USB 45B controller. Thanks

Are you sure you have the channel assignments and controller ID numbers correct?

I know that is basic, but sometimes I pick the wrong file from a different directory or just the wrong filename.

Is the RED LED on the controller PCB flashing or Steady? It should be steady, if not check you Cat5 cable between the mini director and the controller.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Florida Santa wrote:

Are you sure you have the channel assignments and controller ID numbers correct?

I know that is basic, but sometimes I pick the wrong file from a different directory or just the wrong filename.

Is the RED LED on the controller PCB flashing or Steady? It should be steady, if not check you Cat5 cable between the mini director and the controller.

Thanks for your response. Got it figured out with the help of the tech at LOR. I was using a bad cat5e cable. tried 2 before and then tried another today and working.