Light-O-Rama Forums

2 controllers dead

jfelix

I have two controllers not working at all. One I wired myself. I powered it up yesterday, which it powered up, changed the unit id, then put it out where it needs to be and plugged in my lights. I did not power it on. Today I went out to plug the controller in to use and nothing.LED is not blinking or anything. (have done nothing to this one yet)

Second controller was a kit. It was put together by an experienced person (and personal friend). It powered up when it was first put together. I changed out the heat sink, wired it up, plugged it in and nothing. I tried a reset on this one, no help. I tested the power cords and they are carrying a current (thought the cords might be bad).

Was hoping you all may have some insight on what to look for in these two bad boys.

Follow the troubleshooting guide about No Power (No LED).. one of the things in there is abt pulling the Comm chip (longest horizontal chip just right of center, above the transformer) and seeing if the LED lights.

TJ,

Just for clarity the chip you describe sounds like the processor chip. The comm chip the guide refers to is the 8 pin chip that is to the leff of the comm receptacles and a little below.

Chuck

We haven't heard back from Joey. He said he was taking them down to Bill's(Learning)house, I feel Joey is in good hands with Bill.

I'm having the same exact problem. Controller 2 blew a fuse and now for some reason controller 1 won't even power on. Both units have good fuse holders and fuses, power is running through the cords, and the switches are good. Why is board not getting any power in either controller? Also, controller 2, when switched on, the lights plugged into it flicker real fast then it shuts. Controller 1 won't even do that..Both lights on both controllers don't light up...Both controllers dead?

My PC board was just a bad wire on the power cord, all fixed. The kit is not powering up. After checking fuses, cords, solder joints, followed the troubleshooting guide we think it is the transformer. I contacted LOR and am sending it in for repairs.