Light-O-Rama Forums

One Channel Stays ON in One Song Only

jim6918

I have a 20 second musical sequence, a voice over music introduction, in which every channel just twinkles for the entire sequence; no other effects.

One of my mini trees stays steady on during the whole sequence. I have checked, double checked and triple checked the sequence and the channel is set to twinkle. If I set the channel to off, it stays off; if I set it to shimmer, it shimmers; when I set it back to twinkle it stays steady on.

This channel works perfectly in every other sequence. It is not noticeable unless you know what to look for, but I would like to correct. Could this be a pending controller issue?

Any ideas?

Added: I just tested the controller using the HU set to twinkle and that channel twnkles just fine.

-klb- wrote:

Run the LOR verifier. It sounds like you have a duplicate channel assignment somewhere.

Should have said that in original post. I ran Verifier twice last week to clean up a few things and it was OK. But I ran again just to check and it's still blue. Even went thru the Ignored list and nothing but "Channel All Off" warnings in sequences where appropriate.

Just to reiterate, that channel performs correctly in every other sequence.

Hmm. I still think that it is getting set an on command somehow by mistake. Try having that channel off in your sequence for the first 1/10th of a second, then go to the twinkle..

-klb- wrote:

Hmm. I still think that it is getting set an on command somehow by mistake. Try having that channel off in your sequence for the first 1/10th of a second, then go to the twinkle..

That's totally bizarre. I set first 1/10th second to off and the rest of the sequence is OK. I swear the whole time was set to twinkle originally. Learned something new to try today. Thanks.

Suggest that you redraw the commands for that channel in that area of the sequence. Remove all the commands and redo them.

Sometimes I have seen (rare) that there is something left hanging in the sequence that cannot be detected by looking.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Suggest that you redraw the commands for that channel in that area of the sequence. Remove all the commands and redo them.

Sometimes I have seen (rare) that there is something left hanging in the sequence that cannot be detected by looking.

Chuck

Without starting over from scratch with audio, I deleted all timings from the sequence, starting first with the channel alone, then all timings from all channels and re-adding the timings. That channel still stayed on. klb's suggestion worked, however, I now notice that that channel now flashes about 1/2 as fast as the other channels.

Repeating, this channel works normally in EVERY other sequence. Still a little puzzled.