Light-O-Rama Forums

One channel no going all the way off

papap

I have some new CTB16PCg3 controllers. We gat a little rain last night. Now ont channels does not go completly off. Tried unplugging unit and even rebooted computer. Tried running Hardware program. If in chase the one channel does not go all the way off. It does come to full power for chase. I also tried unplugging unit. After day light I'll open box and seee if I can see anything.

Guest Don Gillespie

papap wrote:

I have some new CTB16PCg3 controllers. We gat a little rain last night. Now ont channels does not go completly off. Tried unplugging unit and even rebooted computer. Tried running Hardware program. If in chase the one channel does not go all the way off. It does come to full power for chase. I also tried unplugging unit. After day light I'll open box and seee if I can see anything.

Did you check all lights off in your show editor?

Usually when a channel doesn't turn off all the way it would be an indication that the triac on the controller has decided to take a (permanent) vacation. (Meaning, the triac is blown, and would need to be replaced.)

Check that the controller was properly closed, and that everything inside the controller is dry.. If not, dry things out well, possibly rinsing with denatured alcohol, and try again.

If all is dry, and the channel was heavily loaded, and running wet, it may well have drawn extra current when wet, and damaged the triac. Or if there was any lightning activity at a distance, some stray high voltage may have caught the triac.

In the past, this has been fairly rare.

Ok Got home to night and another controller acting up. This one the channel shimmers very low. Not sure if this is strange but it is the same channel as the other controller that was acting up. Channel 11 on both G3 controllers. Plan to call Dan in Morning.

Ordered a new controller from LOR today. They are also shipping me a new board. I will replace both units. Then ship both of the bad boards to Dan to be repaired.