Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Show Problems

Lou Knudson

I have a question about upgrading from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4. Do I click "Upgrade" or "Download" to do this? I just do not want to cause any more problems than I already have. Does 3.1.2 need to be removed prior to the upgrade?

It has gotten to the point that when the show does not start running all I can do is hold in the power switch because the computer is locked up. Once it restarts the show starts running as scheduled, show stops as scheduled, but does not restart the following day.

As I mentioned I purchased two"new" computers and downloaded 3.1.2 because LOR replied "NO similar problems had been reported running 3.1.2" and blamed all of the problems on the computer.Each of the computers "eventually" developed problems just as posted in the bug fix.

I guess I will try 3.1.4 on one of the spare computers since my show computer is still limping along with 3.1.2.

To install version 3.1.4, first download its installer from this page, and save it to disk. Put it somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop.

Next, stop all running programs, especially LOR programs, including the LOR Control Panel (which you can stop by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu).

After they are all stopped, run the installer.

Download the installer from this page? There are two options shown on the page:

1.) Download Latest Version of Software near the top of the page

2.) Showtime Software Suite S# 3.1.4 at the bottom of the page

Which do I use?

Lou Knudson wrote:

Download the installer from this page? There are two options shown on the page:

1.) Download Latest Version of Software near the top of the page

2.) Showtime Software Suite S# 3.1.4 at the bottom of the page

Which do I use?

Either. Both links point at the same file -> 3.1.4