Light-O-Rama Forums

Several channels not working

Linda

I have two controllers that some of the channels are not working on. They both worked fine when I put them up afer Christmas last year. On one of the controllers channels 4,7,8, 9, 15 and 16 are not working. On the other controller channels 1-7, 10 and 11 are not working. The lights these channels are plugged into all are working so it's not the lights that are bad. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

Guest Don Gillespie

Linda wrote:

I have two controllers that some of the channels are not working on. They both worked fine when I put them up afer Christmas last year. On one of the controllers channels 4,7,8, 9, 15 and 16 are not working. On the other controller channels 1-7, 10 and 11 are not working. The lights these channels are plugged into all are working so it's not the lights that are bad. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

No idea, do you have your cat5 cable close to any electrical cords I have read that you want to keep them a foot apart don't know if this will fix it but it is worth looking into.

Guest Don Gillespie

Linda wrote:

I reset both controllers. All the channels on one is working now but still have some channels that don't work on the other.

After your reset did you try to controll the lights through the HWU have you done a refresh on the HWU to find both controllers and lastly make sure all plug conections are tight stranger things have happened and some times we over look the obvious keep us informed,

Well my husband disconnected then reconnected all the wires on the board. My son who is an electrician tested all the dongles and they were all getting power. Then we tested it in the house with a strand of mini lights and all the channels worked. When we took it outside and reconnected all the extension cords channel 4 didn't work. I did a reset on the controller and still no luck. My son tested that channel again and this time it wasn't hot. It turns out there is a bad ground terminal that that channel was connected to. When he put it on a different ground terminal it worked!!! So for now at least every channel is working. :( Thanks everyone who offered help!

Guest Don Gillespie

Linda wrote:

Well my husband disconnected then reconnected all the wires on the board. My son who is an electrician tested all the dongles and they were all getting power. Then we tested it in the house with a strand of mini lights and all the channels worked. When we took it outside and reconnected all the extension cords channel 4 didn't work. I did a reset on the controller and still no luck. My son tested that channel again and this time it wasn't hot. It turns out there is a bad ground terminal that that channel was connected to. When he put it on a different ground terminal it worked!!! So for now at least every channel is working. :) Thanks everyone who offered help!

Glad you got it up and running