Light-O-Rama Forums

Sadly I decided to not..

ToddH

Well we moved back in on Thursday the 29th and everything was going good. Wife was ecstatic to be back home as were the kids just to be in their own rooms and get a chance to play with their new toys and be in their own beds, Friday we were planning our new years eve and I was getting ready to start taking things down and packing stuff up.....low and behold comes Saturday morning...6am I wake up to hear the dog barking....figuring he has to go out I head down stairs and start to hear what sounds like splashing....I turn on the lights and all i see is reflection and waves...yes waves!! over 2 feet of water over the ENTIRE downstairs....long story short the main valve that they dry fitted (all fittings are dry fitted usually 1st) well this one they forgot to glue....so was not just pouring out, was shooting out with over 300psi of pressure, so much that it ripped parts of my skin off my hand when I went to try to hold the pieces together in a panic.....till i woke up to the freezing water smashing my face in and ripping my hands apart to go to the street and turn off the main valve....

SO OMFG, now the not only the two rooms downstairs that were not affected are totally destroyed, couch, gone, computer desk GONE, LOR controller..thank god was high an dry........so now all the floors in the other areas have to be replaced and just well damn...what a way to start the new year uh? ....

Where at in Tampa are you? It would also seem you have the worst luck with plummers on the planet, or the Poseidon is trying to make a refuge in your house.

Next season if you need help let me know, Im always willing to hang some lights!

GoofyGuy wrote:

Where at in Tampa are you? It would also seem you have the worst luck with plummers on the planet, or the Poseidon is trying to make a refuge in your house.

Next season if you need help let me know, Im always willing to hang some lights!

I'll remember that next year GooyGuy! I'm closer than Todd.

Sorry to hear about all that Todd! What a mess!

Now wouldn't the idiots(i.e. company hired) that didn't do the work properly be responsible for all the damages and replacements costs/repairs to your house? And any medical bills incurred by the damages to your hands trying to stop the water flow? As well as any future hotel stays while the home is repaired/fixed?

I'd say someone's head is gonna roll and possibly lose their job over this one! Just know I'd be calling the company and probably even a lawyer if need be to get restitution for shoddy work and damages to my home, mental anguish and anything else that would fall under that.

Good Luck Todd!

Orville wrote:

Sorry to hear about all that Todd! What a mess!

Now wouldn't the idiots(i.e. company hired) that didn't do the work properly be responsible for all the damages and replacements costs/repairs to your house? And any medical bills incurred by the damages to your hands trying to stop the water flow? As well as any future hotel stays while the home is repaired/fixed?

I'd say someone's head is gonna roll and possibly lose their job over this one! Just know I'd be calling the company and probably even a lawyer if need be to get restitution for shoddy work and damages to my home, mental anguish and anything else that would fall under that.

Good Luck Todd!

Thanks Orville.

Yes the company is taking on full responsilbity and have not been shady about this at all. They feel horrible and are on top of things. Good thing is the company we hired to do the restoration not only has been in business in the Tampa area for well over 30+ years but the owners daughter and my wife are best friends.

They are already moving forward and have taken everything out to dry out, they will be replacing all the floors in those areas, some dry wall and will be replacing all the damaged items, everything that I list...hell even my HS yearbook was destroyed and they will be replacing that as well. I did speak with our family lawyer who said unless they are refusing to pay for the damages or there was sufficient physical injury or sickness due to it (thank god there was not) then he said it’s not really worth it. They are going to be tossing us a few free upgrades at their cost they have stated but my main concern is getting it done, getting it done RIGHT and as soon as can be...it just stinks to have to go through this more so cause my kids have been effected....I hope to get things settled down before the end of the month so I can get a feel for my budget for lights and take advantage of the deals going on now. I need spt2 wire, plugs and lights in prep for next year, and hopefully get some controllers or at least one more during the lor sale.

scubado wrote:

What a horror story! I hope it ends with a big fat check! Best of luck.

LOL :) it crossed my mind but as stated above, the law is really written out well when it comes to negliance and as long as they are replacing whats damaged and have been willing to go above and beyond to correct their mistake not to much I can do. It would cost me more to file a lawsuite then I would be able to get back...besides its a friend of the familys company...and as long as they are taking care of us its all that really matters at this point...mistakes happen we all know that, just sucks when those mistakes effect us personally...but hey...could be worse right?!