Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Flashing and one stuck on.

MaxsLightsOwner

I have a PC series controller that has a single channel that flashes slowly. its on for about 1 second, off for about 5, and then back on. It does this when not hooked into the network, when connected to other controllers, when connected to a computer, etc. I have tried a hard re-set and nothing has worked so far.

Next, I have another controller that has a channel that stays on. The weird part is, there are 2 strings of 70 LED's on the channel and only half of one of the sets is on.

I have no idea what is wrong on each one. I could try changing the Triacs and Optos, but I would like to know for sure.

For the channel that has half the LED string on try to add a snubber or just a single c7/c9 bulb see if that helps. ou can find info on snubbers all over this forum.

Ok the only other thing I can think of for this one would be maybe Hot and neutral wires reversed, I have seen it where you just have to reverse the plug and it solves problem. I had a string that when I connected it one way wouldn't light at all, reverse the plug and it worked fine. But you saying it's only half the string makes be believe it's got excess voltage in the channel, which is why I suggested the snubber.