Light-O-Rama Forums

Inputs not Working

tomskillman

I'm trying to set up my trigger for the input from my donation box. When a visitor inserts money, it's going to call a special "Thank You" sequence. Our donations this year are going to a dog rescue group, so I'm going to use the dog barking We Wish You a Merry Christmas song.

I hooked up my sensor (a LED and a photocell) to input #2 on controller 01. In the hardware utility, it shows the input being tripped. When start a show, the input never shows that it was triggered and it doesn't start the interactive sequence. I've done the triggers before in version 2, but haven't used them until now in V3. Anyone else having trouble? I'm not on my show computer, so I'll test on the show computer and see what happens.

tomskillman wrote:

I'm trying to set up my trigger for the input from my donation box. When a visitor inserts money, it's going to call a special "Thank You" sequence. Our donations this year are going to a dog rescue group, so I'm going to use the dog barking We Wish You a Merry Christmas song.

I hooked up my sensor (a LED and a photocell) to input #2 on controller 01. In the hardware utility, it shows the input being tripped. When start a show, the input never shows that it was triggered and it doesn't start the interactive sequence. I've done the triggers before in version 2, but haven't used them until now in V3. Anyone else having trouble? I'm not on my show computer, so I'll test on the show computer and see what happens.

Well, I checked the show PC last night and the inputs work fine, so I'm good there.. My question now is what's wrong with my development laptop - is it Windows XP or a bad software install...when you enable the schedule, it says it initializes the show player and registers the triggers, but they never trigger!

meadmkr wrote:

Which USB/RS485 adapter are you using?

I've seen some posting that the basic adapter sometimes won't register a trigger. I'm new to triggers via LOR and am just starting to play with them....

I think I found the issue, but would like to confirm it with someone from LOR. I have a phone interface which I worked out. Basically, each time a sequence is triggered, the windows command runs a script that checks a queue file and if a record exists, it changes the schedule file to that show (I set up a show for each sequence and a schedule for each show). If there is no request in the queue, it plays a random show. It appears that by doing this, the interactive triggers are NOT available after the first show begins. I can use an interactive trigger on the very first sequence (haven't tested it when that sequence runs again later), but any other sequence won't accept the trigger, even though all shows have the trigger configured.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I suspect it's not loading the triggers each time a show loads.