Light-O-Rama Forums

LCS and LSV files?

George Simmons

I'm trying to eliminate (or at least contain) some of the clutter in my LOR/Sequences folder.

Question 1: Is there a way to create a different folder other than sequences and then have S3 store the LCS and LSV (and even the bak ) files there instead of in the Sequence folder?

Question 2: If I delete the LSV and LCS files, will that affect the show player in any way? Does the player need either of those files?

Thanks.

George, I also don't like the clutter when I am looking for something, so I resorted to sorting the files by file type in Windows for that folder.

I don't think you are going to want to delete those files.
See this thread...
http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=28605&forum_id=95&highlight=lsv

I deleted these files from my folder and my show is fine, all that happened was it did not save the settings for the timing grid box sizes in the Sequence editor:cool:

Neither of these files are needed, strictly speaking, but they're both there for a reason, and generally speaking deleting them or moving them won't really do much good.

An LSV file contains information about various display preferences you've set for the sequence, such as how wide the channel buttons are or how tall the rows are.

An LCS file is a "compressed sequence" file. It can greatly speed up loading times during your show.

If you delete or move them, you won't get their benefits, but they will likely eventually just be recreated anyway. An LSV file will be created when you use the sequence in the Sequence Editor (I think upon closing the sequence). An LCS file will be created when you save the sequence, or (if you have "Use Compressed Sequences" enabled in the LOR Control Panel) when the sequence is first played in the show.