Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Power Unit Problem

jimswinder

Finally got around to hooking up my 12 CCR's today...and one of the power units seems to have a problem...as it does not power the controller.

Green LED is on, but it is pulsating (others are just solid).

Anyone else experience this?

Have you tried switching power supply with another controller that is working? If it works then you got a bad power supply. :cool:

miles wrote:

Have you tried switching power supply with another controller that is working? If it works then you got a bad power supply. :cool:

That is what I said was bad...the power supply (unit)...

I had a couple doing that when the power came back on after the big snow here. The power supply led was sort of blinking once every couple seconds. The ribbons were flashing also. I couldn't figure it out so I unplugged them for the night. The next day they were fine.

It occurred to me (after the fact) that I still had the generator running when the CCRs were flipping out. But they were running on the main power from the panel box. The generator was only running a heater and the TV / DVD using extension cords. It wasn't connected to the house power (accept it maybe had some kind of ground connection through the cable coax connected to the TV).

rwertz wrote:

I couldn't figure it out so I unplugged them for the night. The next day they were fine.

Yeah...mine are working again this morning...

I can see problems all season if they are that sensitive to weather conditions....

Had the same problem last week with no lights on the controller and just the red on the ribbon pulsing. I opened a help desk ticket last Sunday, Monday Dan replied that he was sending out a new power supply.
I'm hoping it gets here this week.

jimswinder wrote:

rwertz wrote:
I couldn't figure it out so I unplugged them for the night. The next day they were fine.

Yeah...mine are working again this morning...

I can see problems all season if they are that sensitive to weather conditions....

and today it is not working again...

have a ticket in also...

Hi Jim;
I too had the same thing happen this past weekend. I went to plug in the box I made for all 12 controllers and only 6 came fully on. The other six did the flashing Red thing on the strings. I couldnt fiqure it out either, so I unplugged everything brought it inside the heated shop and wal-la within 15 minutes they all came on. I too think these are sensitive to the Cold weather we experiance up here. I since have just left them on and they seem to be fine, however it hasnt been that cold since last weekend either.

Mike Schmidt

I also just got a reply from the help desk...new power supply is shipping tomorrow...

guess I will be down one ribbon for Thanksgiving night and weekend...

I feel your pain, I just found out one of my power supplies is T-U. Opened a ticket....I wonder what the shipping time for Power supply is to the beautiful Pacific Northwest

• The topic was locked