Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Director with timer?

maverick34

With the 16 channel controller; how would I schedule shows to begin and end at certain times? I should buy the Showtime director correct?

Thank You!!

Guest wbottomley

maverick34 wrote:

With the 16 channel controller; how would I schedule shows to begin and end at certain times? I should buy the Showtime director correct?

Thank You!!

Depends what you're using.

maverick34 wrote:

^^ Just a 16 Channel controller. The Showtime director(not mini)has an internal clock. I want this to run standalone.

You would use the Showtime Director.

Program shows via the "MP3" tab in the Hardware Utility.

maverick34 wrote:

^^ Just a 16 Channel controller. The Showtime director(not mini)has an internal clock. I want this to run standalone.

I use the mini-director with a $20 external timer such as shown below to accomplish the exact same thing, but $100 cheaper. Can program the timer to come on a different time each day. This runs my show nicely with great sound quality.

06694webd2.jpg

I use the DC-MP3 Showtime Director, thought about an external timer, but I prefer everything in a nice small package and it fit in the box with my FM Transmitter.

And I don't have to have an extra outlet for an external timer that could be used for lights or a controller, love the fact the DC-MP3 Director runs off the power via cat5 from the controller it's connected too.

Yes, it may cost $100+ over an external timer, but in my opinion, the extra cost and small footprint and NO additional power cord needed was well worth the $$ I spent on it!