Light-O-Rama Forums

Trigger input on 1602W

Aaron Maue

I've been checking the forum and LOR's website to try and figure bout how to build a switch for my 1602w so that I can use it to start my show. I have questions. 1. Do I need to have the header board? Or is that already on my hardware? 2. How do I wire it? Can I just connect a momentary switch between 2 of the pins? It appears that I may need to provide 5v and/or 10v to one or more of the pins as well.

Help!!

Aaron Maue wrote:

I've been checking the forum and LOR's website to try and figure bout how to build a switch for my 1602w so that I can use it to start my show. I have questions. 1. Do I need to have the header board? Or is that already on my hardware? 2. How do I wire it? Can I just connect a momentary switch between 2 of the pins? It appears that I may need to provide 5v and/or 10v to one or more of the pins as well.

Help!!

Have you looked at pages 19 and 29 in the 1602W user manual. ?

Has diagrams for the hardware connection and instructions for the software configuration.

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/LOR160xW_Man_Web.pdf

1. Header board in built-in the 1602W Page 19.

2. Wiring diagram page 19

3. You do not have to provide any additional voltages they are already present on the header. page 19

Woohoo! I now have a show that will open with the push of a button!!! I just wired up a switch and it works like a champ.

Thanks for the information. I had seen that detail in the user's manual, but wsn't completely sure. With only a few days left 'til "lights on" I didn't want to fry any controllers. Now, back to sequencing. This is my first year and opening night is only a week away. Can't wait to light it all up "for real."