Light-O-Rama Forums

Power consumption question.

Linda

I've decided at the last minute to line the roof with two colors. Each color uses 5 stringss of C9 bulbs (incandescent). All the lights are incandescent. the other lights on that side of the controller (channels 1-8) consist of 1200 icicle lights on one channel, 10 strobe lights on one channel, sleigh and reindeer consisting of 5 18 foot rope lights (don't really have to put those on the controller but would like to), Two 100 count mini light snowflakes on separate channels and one free channel. Channels 9-16 consist of 7 100 count mini light snowflakes and a star that has 7 strands of C9 bulbs. Last year I ran the same set up (except for the rope light) and used 5 strands of C9 bulbs on the roof and didn't have any problems. I don't know how to do the calculations on power consumption. Can someone tell me if 10 strings of C9's and 5 18 foot rope lights would be too much to put on one leg of the controller. The last thing I want to do is blow a fuse on the controller. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok as long as all 10 strings of C9's are not on at the same time, but that will mean I have to go back and redo my sequences on those two channels. Was just wondering if I can run all that on the same side of the controller. The controller I'm using is the one that comes with the starter package. Sure hope someone can help me out so I can start redoing my sequences if I need to so that all 10 strings of C9's are not on at the same time. (I posted in the wrong place while ago)

Thank you! That helps me out a lot. I should be safe even if all 10 strings come on at the same time, but probably would be too much if I try to put the rope light on that same side of the controller unless I make sure all the C9's are not lit up at the same time.

Guest Don Gillespie

Linda wrote:

Thank you!  That helps me out a lot.  I should be safe even if all 10 strings come on at the same time, but probably would be too much if I try to put the rope light on that same side of the controller unless I make sure all the C9's are not lit up at the same time. 

Linda last year I ran c9 incadesants and had nothing but problems kept. Blowing the breaker once I found out what the problem was I corrected it by using LEDs I still say a killowatt meter is the best