Light-O-Rama Forums

mini director first year used

robert seguin, jr.

i purchased a mini director, basic unit, from what i understand, i save my sequences on to a sd memory card, insert said card into mini director, connected to the first controller, where the computer plugs into, now i also have a digital timer, which will power both control units, when the controller come on the director will play the sequences in the order on the sd card, then when the timer goes off, will the sequence order start over, any advise on how to use this thanks

robert seguin, jr. wrote:

i purchased a mini director, basic unit, from what i understand, i save my sequences on to a sd memory card, insert said card into mini director, connected to the first controller, where the computer plugs into, now i also have a digital timer, which will power both control units, when the controller come on the director will play the sequences in the order on the sd card, then when the timer goes off, will the sequence order start over, any advise on how to use this thanks

Yes. After turning power off (timer goes off), when powered back on it will start from the beginning again.

Set your timer to come on at whatever time you want your show to start and set it to go off at whatever time you want it to end. Your sequences will just loop over and over.

If you want it to start and play for 30 min then go off til the next hour then come on, you will need a timer with multiple on/off settings per day.

Use the Hardware utility to build your show. have used that for the past three years and works the best of all the LOR options.

In the Hardware utility in the uppper right hand corner is a folder "MP3 Player" this is where I build my show.

• 2 weeks later...

all set up and blinking, mini director worked fine, real easy to set up i thing easer then a laptop, light show is automated, all on a timer, thanks for the great information