Light-O-Rama Forums

any way to open two windows of LOR (dual monitor)

medman2000

Finally starting my sequencing, dual monitor display - I'd like to open old sequences in left monitor and copy/paste stuff into new sequence in right monitor. The tabs for open sequences are ok, but would much rather have old and new side-by-side.

Is there a way to get my computer to allow two sessions of LOR to run? Everytime I try to start sequence editor again, nothing happens.

Thanks for any thoughts!
bob

• 1 year later...

Yes, LOR works with multiple monitors.  You can stretch the Sequence Editor across two monitors with your mouse...

I also use this little tool called Ultramon for conveience.  It has a few other functions, but I really like how it adds two buttons in the upper right corner of every window (see attachment).  The left-most new button takes that window and stretches it across the two monitors on my setup full screen.  The button second from the left just moves the existing window to the other monitor instantly (no dragging necessary).

Ultramon is pretty inexpensive (I think $29 or something like that) and I find it valuable for a multi-monitor setup...

post-30-0-10771900-1384013651_thumb.jpg

I use LOR with 4 monitors and it works great!  Now sure I could have programmed the Plasma Icicles without the extra visual space.. OK.. maybe I could, but would have been much harder..