Light-O-Rama Forums

Led on steady but channels are working

Snowmoff

I'm in the hardware utility, the led is on steady, did the refresh and it sees the controller, but I can't turn on any lights. Is there a reset jumper setting? Controller was working last week. I can't seem to find what's wrong.

Uh,which controller do you have? Remember that there are several different controllers and some have differences about them that will need a different trouble shooting tech. So, please try to offer up and much pertinent info as possible.

The jumper needs to be across the second row of pins in normal operation.

So all channels are dead? If you have LED, then you have AC on one side of the board..are both 1-8 and 9-16 inop?

Do you have anything else LOR related open (sequence editor, etc)?

You may want to start from scratch with a reset, then reconnect, assign unit ID, then test.

I currently have Snowmoff's controller. It was a kit one. We live about a mile apart. Last week he had put the cords on 9-16 and tried it out and it worked. This week he put the remaining cords on and now can't get any channels to work. I hooked it up to my system and I can't get it to work either. I took the controller out of the enclosure and removed the heatsinks to reflow the solder in case there was a bad solder joint somewhere. I put it all back together and still nothing. The HU recognizes the controller and the led is steady on, but no lights. I am reading about 11V ac on each of the channels in both on or off state. I think the card will need to be sent in unless someone has an idea as to what we can do.

power down, remove the jumper, power up, wait 30 seconds, remove power, wait 30 seconds, put jumper across second row of pins, reconnect and reset ID.

Last week he had put the cords on 9-16 and tried it out and it worked. This week he put the remaining cords on and now can't get any channels to work.

So the cardinal rule here is work backwards to the point of where it previously worked. Assuming you did one cord, and jumpers, and everything worked, would suggest re-trying that and seeing if it works.

Might make sense to remove all cords, jumpers, and dongles, and re-attach. In the midst of adding 1-8 you may have connected something incorrectly.