Light-O-Rama Forums

Retail (standard plug) or Commercial (screw connector)?

BigUFGator

BigUFGator wrote:

It looks like Creative Displays only sells by the case. Is it possible to get just one or two strands from them? I'd like to at least get just one of each color (red and green) so I could see how it actually looks before I spend a lot of money on a case that I may not like.

Something to consider for you.
Although CDI does sell only by the case, you really shouldn't worry about that. If you should need only a couple of strings of one color, there are more than enough people around these forums who use CDI products that you should be able to get help from. Or you could get a couple of people to go in on a case with you.

I have more than once wished that I could stock a few cases of each one that Paul carries just for folks on here and other places who need a string or two quickly. If I ever get to the point where I can afford to invest in them, I will certainly do so just as a "good will" gesture for the decorating community and as a payback for all the wonderful info that folks have shared with me over the last few years.

It is a good idea to have a couple extra strings of lights in each color around just as a safety in case of a failure or more likely a damaged string due to animals chewing or damaging a string.

The more of us who use CDI, the better it is for all of us to be able to help each other in times of need as well as we all know that we are getting the same color/quality/length/reliability for our money and can interchange strings without worry.
Sure seems like a win/win to me!

Just a couple of cents worth on my part.

Bill

Wow - people here really do have the Christmas spirit! It would be awesome if there was a way to get those high quality lights in single strands.

I see that CDI doesn't have prelit strands of C9 LEDs so what do I do there? Is there some particular reason he doesn't sell the single strands?

Has anyone actually bought from http://www.christmasdesigners.com? I see they have C9 Red and Green in the commercial version available in single strands and those would be full wave.

BigUFGator wrote:

Wow - people here really do have the Christmas spirit! It would be awesome if there was a way to get those high quality lights in single strands.

I see that CDI doesn't have prelit strands of C9 LEDs so what do I do there? Is there some particular reason he doesn't sell the single strands?

Has anyone actually bought from http://www.christmasdesigners.com? I see they have C9 Red and Green in the commercial version available in single strands and those would be full wave.

Well sure we have the Christmas Spirit! Just had a big glass last night after sequencing actually!

I have not dealt with Christmas Designers but I have dealt with Christmas Lights Etc.. I have always gotten prompt service and quick shipping form them. I even had a problem with some LED icicle lights that I bought from them and they replaced them asap with no hassle. They carry the C9 strings and the 5M strings that you are looking for so maybe you might like to try a string of each from them and see how they look to you.

CDI does large commercial displays that tend to buy multiple cases of lights at a time which I would assume why Paul does not want to get into the single string shipping thing. He is just a very good guy who gives us crazy light people a good deal on the spring sale stuff when he is ordering big containers of lights for all the big accounts which is a great thing for us and helps him fill up a big shipping container to make it worth while for him as well. Much easier for him to be able to take a full case of lights and stick a shipping label on it rather than have to open a case and take out 1 string and repackage it for shipping.

There are other suppliers that do carry the same "brand" of light strings that CDI does and will sell them in single string amounts for you. I have a bunch of contact urls for companies that I compiled a year ago but would need to update it since things tend to change quite quickly in this new world of LEDs. But just wanted you to know that you will be able to buy single strings of lights when you want to. It is just that the spring sale from CDI is the BEST pricing that you will probably find for lights and that is why we push it (as well as it helps Paul and keeps him in business which we want - LOL).

Another thing for you is that since this is a "new" technology, the specs for light strings changes year to year as new plants are coming online and new LEDs are being made. You are pretty safe to think that the strings styles and lengths for most all of the common types of lights will pretty much stay the same though within reason.

Bill

BigUFGator wrote:

I have not bought from Christmasdesigners.com but probably will the next time I buy lights. Looks they have a pretty good selection of stuff.:cool: I am not in the "CDI fan club".:D