Light-O-Rama Forums

Help a newbie: RGB LED strips

lowepg

Dave H1 wrote:

JBullard wrote:
Personally, I don't like the ribbon strips. Too fragile and too hard to mount. Just my opinion. I have some that I did cut into 18 inch lenghts, for a special project.

For a dumb RGB light, I prefer these, much more durable, easier to mount, etc. I bought several hundred this year.
Don't know that you could possibly get any in time starting this late in the year.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209889132-291745854/Waterproof-RGB-LED-LED-Module-3-pcs-5050-SMD-RGB-LED.html

John,

are you still limited to a 20 unit strip of the modules before you need to re-inject power.

Dave,

For the float I'm working on for Sat nights Christmas parade, I'm using 30 units banks of the modules and can not see any difference in brightness or function. That's the most I have used in one strip length. But in this application I only have one color on at a time, and not making white (which would pull more power.)

When I have time, I might see how many I can connect before I notice a difference.

JBullard wrote:

Personally, I don't like the ribbon strips. Too fragile and too hard to mount. Just my opinion. I have some that I did cut into 18 inch lenghts, for a special project.

For a dumb RGB light, I prefer these, much more durable, easier to mount, etc. I bought several hundred this year.
Don't know that you could possibly get any in time starting this late in the year.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209889132-291745854/Waterproof-RGB-LED-LED-Module-3-pcs-5050-SMD-RGB-LED.html

I was having trouble decoding the specs on the web site.

If you buy, say 20, of these daisy chained together, how long of a run is that?