Light-O-Rama Forums

Do you have to un-tangle your lights each year

mvinc17

scubado wrote:

I wrap each string around my hand and put into a plastic bag and then into a tote. Unwraps easily for me.

Net lights are my least favorite.

I do the exact same thing. I get those extremely large freezer zip bags for my net-lights, but I agree with you, they are my least favorite too!

Jim Saul wrote:

The ball for lights works amazingly well.
for extension cords, I try to follow the original bends.

I do the same thing for my extension cords. But I get my old spools from Home Depot. They throw them out, so I collect them before they put them in the trash. My home depot gives them to me for free. I just have to figure out a cheap way to wind or unwind a wooden and plastic electrical and cable spools.

This is my first year with a mega tree. So I have yet to figure out how to store lights. I have been thinking about this method:

http://www.holidaystoragesolutions.com/index.html

I put my lights in plastic bin bags (yellow ones) so that I can write on it what it is and where it's supposed to go.

I built many shelves in my basement to store everything.

Ball of yarn method for me.. then they go into the tub into the garage.. when I set them out to hang, first, plug them in, all balled up to test, then I stand where the end goes then walk away unrolling it, comes out straight each time.

• The topic was locked