Light-O-Rama Forums

My girls (SnowFlakes) ready to go up.

Santas Helper

Santas Helper wrote:

Linda McDonald wrote:
Extremely impressed!

How did you get the lights to stay? I'm thinking about rewiring a nutcracker with LEDs but can't figure out how to keep the bulbs from falling out the front.

Linda,

I replaced the incans with LEDs last year and used a regular hot glue gun to hold them in place. The LEDs where a little bigger than the incans so I had to drill out each hole just big enough for the LEDs and applied hot glue as I placed each LED light in the hole. It actually went faster than I thought it would.

Thanks to all for the comments. The LED conversion was well worth it as they look much crisper at night. Here is a shot from last year.

That looks awesome!

i bought several cases of those a for my first year doing LOR, they were only out 1 decorating season, and they must have left out the UV inhibitor in my batch, because all of them are very VERY brittle. you barely touch one and the arms snap off... kind of disappointed, but the price i paid for them, im not going to worry... they were really nice while they lasted though!

santa, love the retrofit of the leds, very nice!

JonB256 wrote:

Tom, as nice as those look, I'm still struck by the fact that the snowflakes have 8 arms. Others I've seen have 5.

They really should have 6. I know it's picky, but Santa doesn't have 3 arms. ;)

Sorry, had to vent. ;)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_snowflakes_have_6_sides

Jon,

I agree that the flakes should have a minimum of 6 sides. It is like the Coro=Flake, the concept is great its just I can't warm up to the 5 arms / fingers. They just look like "jacks". If Dave would make a 6 sider, I'd snatch up some

I

Dave H1 wrote:

JonB256 wrote:
Tom, as nice as those look, I'm still struck by the fact that the snowflakes have 8 arms. Others I've seen have 5.

They really should have 6. I know it's picky, but Santa doesn't have 3 arms. :)

Sorry, had to vent. :P

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_snowflakes_have_6_sides

Jon,

I agree that the flakes should have a minimum of 6 sides. It is like the Coro=Flake, the concept is great its just I can't warm up to the 5 arms / fingers. They just look like "jacks". If Dave would make a 6 sider, I'd snatch up some

I

So Dave, Is that a minimum of 6 or maximum of 6? Or just "6" like Jon mentioned? If it is a "minimum" of 6 (like you said) then these "8"ers should do just fine (which is more than 6)

You can't warm up to 5 fingers (is that per hand)? Hummm (J/K) A star has 5 (but check with Jon on that) so maybe they can look like stars and not "jacks". But to each their own I suppose...

Just for the record, I bought them, I didn't make them so please plead your differences to the creators. My audience just loves to see them lit up... not how many legs, arms or fingers they are holding. :cool:

Thank you.

Just went to Disneyland last weekend and saw those same things in Small World. Had me thinking then that they would be pretty cool to have on my roof! Course, Disneyland made theirs out of mirrored plexiglass.

• The topic was locked