Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 3.1+

seankovacs

I love the major version jump from 3.0.2 to 3.1 which only fixed things that should have been working in the first place. This of course, leaving out a lot of the people that inherited v3 without having to pay.

Thanks.

Huh?

If you didn't have to pay for 3.0, because you bought the software within the last year, your upgrade to 3.1 should be no-cost also.

As far as bug-less software, let me know when you find a software product that is 100% bug free, revision to revision....

Yeah. I read somewhere that the licensing is based on minor and major revisions. I believe my license said I was good up to major version 3.0. Which is why I questioned the 3.0.2 to 3.1 jump. I'll shoot them an email...

Guest wbottomley

seankovacs wrote:

Yeah. I read somewhere that the licensing is based on minor and major revisions. I believe my license said I was good up to major version 3.0. Which is why I questioned the 3.0.2 to 3.1 jump. I'll shoot them an email...

That's what I would do before raising hell here.

seankovacs wrote:

You put your lights up yet Don? I'm a little south of you near Tampa.

Not yet...way behind due to all kinds of other stuff going on. Will be some long nights and weekends for the next few weeks.

I disagree. Version 3.1.0 included the new ability to easily collapse and expand groups. This is very handy for handling CCR's....

Hello,

It looks like you purchased your license on November 5, 2010. This means that it's good for any version released by November 5, 2011 (and possibly some other versions, but that doesn't apply here).

Version 3.0 was released on October 14, 2011, so your license covers it.

Version 3.1 was released on November 7, 2011, so your license does not. Sorry. In order to use version 3.1, you would have to either buy a license renewal or a SuperStar license (purchasing a SuperStar license also counts as a license renewal).

Otherwise, you could continue to use version 3.0 (your license will not "expire" for it).