Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm confused

Richard M

I'm putting up my control boxes. I have 7 hooked in series and at the end a light linker to transmit to two other controllers. How do I connect my CCR's to the first group of 7? There is a third connection in each controller box, but one doesn't fit the cables. Can you hook three connections in a controller? If so, how? There are two connections in the light linker, one being used. Not sure about the other open one. I know you can hook the CCR's in series, but where would I connect the first one? Thank you in advance.

Richard M wrote:

I'm putting up my control boxes. I have 7 hooked in series and at the end a light linker to transmit to two other controllers. How do I connect my CCR's to the first group of 7? There is a third connection in each controller box, but one doesn't fit the cables. Can you hook three connections in a controller? If so, how? There are two connections in the light linker, one being used. Not sure about the other open one. I know you can hook the CCR's in series, but where would I connect the first one? Thank you in advance.

Think of the CCR controllers as a smaller, specialized, version of the regular controllers. The CCR controller have 2 CAT5 connections on them. Simply connect them to your other controllers as you would any other controller.

Also, keep in mind you don't have to go in numerical order, so it doesn't matter where in the chain you plug them in.

Don wrote:

Richard M wrote: Think of the CCR controllers as a smaller, specialized, version of the regular controllers. The CCR controller have 2 CAT5 connections on them. Simply connect them to your other controllers as you would any other controller.

Also, keep in mind you don't have to go in numerical order, so it doesn't matter where in the chain you plug them in.

That may be the most helpful thing I see here...I realized that I ID'd each controller, but never really thought about NOT having them in order, this might just come in handy!