Light-O-Rama Forums

the total time of this media file has not yet been determined

ace_master

I'm creating new sequences in 3.0.2, but every time that I do... I get this error message when I click "OK" on the "new musical sequence options" page. I get this error message:

The total time of this media file has not yet been determined.
Would like to continue waiting to see if it can be determined?
Otherwise, no sequence will be made based on this media file.

Ive tried several different media files, (both WAV and MP3) but continue to get this message. I can open, play, and edit previously created sequences just fine...

I have found that if I keep clicking "yes"... it will eventually create my new sequence... but I shouldn't have to do this every time I create a new sequence.

Anyone seen this error message before?

Bob is the master of all things Sequence Editor. However, since he's a little busy at the moment, let me see if I can help.

Are you sure you don't have something else open in Windows Media Player (even outside of S3)?

Have you updated your computer recently, including updating Windows Media Player?

As Mike suggests, I would suggest updating Windows Media Player. If that doesn't help, Windows Update. If that doesn't help, perhaps try to see if there are any codecs that WMP is using which are unnecessary.