Light-O-Rama Forums

Just Got My EDM transmitter can someone help me

Partyof9

Okay we soldered in the power thing. Now what? I can't figure out how to get sound to the thing? No instructions or is it so easy i can't figure it out?

I don't know why i did'nt get a manual with mine. But I did read thru the manual and it's just not clicking with me. How in the world do you get your audio from your pc to the edm? Last year i had no trouble with the WH transmitter.

Partyof9 wrote:

I don't know why i did'nt get a manual with mine. But I did read thru the manual and it's just not clicking with me. How in the world do you get your audio from your pc to the edm? Last year i had no trouble with the WH transmitter.

You need one of these (get from local radio shack or similar for a couple bucks):
AG-3.5MM-2RCA01.JPG

The 3.5mm jack (left) either plugs into the Line Out or headphone port of your computer, and the RCA plugs (right) plug into the transmitter.

Partyof9 wrote:

Thank you so much!! That's exactly what I needed to know and the ONLY cable i must not own. LOL

I found one in an old camcorder case. They used to use these for making the audio connection to your TV from your camcorder. Otherwise you can get them cheap.

Partyof9 wrote:

Thank you so much!! That's exactly what I needed to know and the ONLY cable i must not own. LOL

Of course, that's how it works!

Partyof9 wrote:

There isn't one included that I recall. I think mine was emailed to me, which also serves as a way of confirming that your order is in process. Also allows you to read about the unit ahead of time.

Setup is simple:

Finish assembly (power plug and uP chip, if isn't already installed.)

Find a clear freq to test on http://www.radio-locator.com, verify that freq is clear.

Connect antenna (test antenna included)

power the unit on and tune to clear freq

provide an audio source

tune radio to test freq and enjoy

You guys rock! After an hour YES and hour of plugging and unplugging every cord I had (yeah a bunch) my husband said can't you just ask on the forum and within 10 minutes you guys solved my issue. Can't thank you all enough. I kept telling him maybe it's so simple we are too stupid to figure it out. LOL Well on to locate one this morning and built some MORE north poles, and hopefully finish the mini trees. You guys are an amazing group especially patience with everyone. I hope in years to come I can finally give back too. Have a wonderful sunday everyone!

Guest Don Gillespie

Partyof9 wrote:

You guys rock! After an hour YES and hour of plugging and unplugging every cord I had (yeah a bunch) my husband said can't you just ask on the forum and within 10 minutes you guys solved my issue. Can't thank you all enough. I kept telling him maybe it's so simple we are too stupid to figure it out. LOL Well on to locate one this morning and built some MORE north poles, and hopefully finish the mini trees. You guys are an amazing group especially patience with everyone. I hope in years to come I can finally give back too. Have a wonderful sunday everyone!

We know LOL. :D

Regarding that photo that "Surfing" posted. I suggest you buy a version of that adapter which is maybe 6 feet long. You should try to get the transmitters as far from the computer as you can. Lots of reasons for that.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Regarding that photo that "Surfing" posted. I suggest you buy a version of that adapter which is maybe 6 feet long. You should try to get the transmitters as far from the computer as you can. Lots of reasons for that.
I agree with Richard. To be honest, it would be pretty hard to even make such a 3" connection, unless you wanted the transmitter to be suspended dangling off the back of your PC, let alone the issues involved with potential interference. Just posted a pic off google that clearly showed all plugs so he would have an idea of what he was missing.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Richard Hamilton wrote:
I agree with Richard. To be honest, it would be pretty hard to even make such a 3" connection, unless you wanted the transmitter to be suspended dangling off the back of your PC, let alone the issues involved with potential interference. Just posted a pic off google that clearly showed all plugs so he would have an idea of what he was missing.

Yup, I knew you posted it as just an example. I should have said that and forgot.