Light-O-Rama Forums

Transition from S2 to S3

nmonkman

I have been hesitant to d-load S3 until after this Christmas because I am not sure how much it differs (user friendly wise) from S2. Not that it is not user friendly, but if it is a entirely different set up or appearance, then I would want to wait so I have more time to learn.

Any opinions on this?

Take a look at this thread:
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum95/28633.html

At the bottom of it you will see a "What's new in S3" video. It's long, but it should show you enough about S3 to decide for yourself it is as user friendly as S2.

My personal opinion is that anyone who has used S2 should feel comfortable with S3.

I took the plunge to S3 last month and have been very satisfied.

The interface and S2 features you like are all still there and the interface is very familiar. I have developed new sequences in S3 and ran my first test show last night. All went without a hitch. On my system all the features I am using have prooved to be stable and predictable. My main reason for switching before 2011 Christmas was the channel grouping features which are a real plus when you have 500 odd channels. So far I have not even looked at the visualizer - no time - I had to get a show running for tonight for a video shoot.

I'm very happy with S3

Regards Geoff

Thanks, Don & Geoff

I knew I should have just trusted my instinct when it comes to LOR. :D

Thanks for the info and thanks to Bob for that AWESOME review.

Just upgraded myself. So far if you use it like S2, not much difference in the way you use it. At least not that I've seen. Only thing I really like is now the channel button colors can match the same colors as the sequence color used in that channel. Sure made it easier for me to know where something is located and can find it much faster than I ever could in S2. But that's about the only new option I'm using in S3 for the moment.

Orville wrote:

Just upgraded myself. So far if you use it like S2, not much difference in the way you use it. At least not that I've seen. Only thing I really like is now the channel button colors can match the same colors as the sequence color used in that channel. Sure made it easier for me to know where something is located and can find it much faster than I ever could in S2. But that's about the only new option I'm using in S3 for the moment.

My favorite new option by far is the grouping of channels. Nor more scrolling and scrolling and scrolling to fine the right channels.