Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR hardware utility settings

sasmuse

Help! My ccr's are acting wierd when I attempt to play a LOR sequence with an SuperStar sub-sequence. I'm pretty sure I have them configured correctly.

In the hardware utility I can test each string. The only parameter I am unsure of is the box marked "Ribbon/String Parameters". For the each string I have the number of pixels set to 50 and the number of strings set to 1. I have 8 ribbons. Are these settings correct or should the number of strings be set to 8?

Thanks,
Sally

PS What is the max number of ribbons on a network? I currently have all 8 on one network.

sasmuse wrote:

NEVERMIND.....I figured it out. All is well and working.

please share what you figured out...

might help someone else (like me!!) out...

There were two specific problems. The SuperStar sequence (that was embedded in the LOR sequence) appeared to be playing only part of my programming and making up the rest. The other problem was the SuperStar sequence was out of sync (slightly ahead of) with the LOR sequence even though the same .wav file was used for both.

Solution to erratic programming:
-I had all 8 ccrs on one network. I broke them across 2 networks.
-Had read a post this afternoon about a max of 6 ribbons per network. (it's true)
-Had to configure the network preferences in the LOR sequence editor.

Solution to timing:
-The instructions for inserting a subsequence says to turn on the entire row which I
did. I tried turning "off" the first couple of timing blocks on the subsequence row and
the sequences were in sync.

If you'd like more detail let me know. Glad I figured this out now rather than a few days before "go live".

sasmuse wrote:

If you'd like more detail let me know. Glad I figured this out now rather than a few days before "go live".

yeah...this is one thing I still have to do...and I need to do it soon!!!!

But other display things have a higher priority right now...

Definitely leave yourself some time (a day or two) to do this. It was a little tricky getting everything set between the hardware utility, the LOR sequence editor and SuperStar. Good luck!

• The topic was locked