Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR SEQ S3 Export/Import Channel Configuration

Denise Nelson

Is there a way to make a Channel Configuration a "default" configuration so when there are changes made to one, it would effect all of the sequences that I am using for this year's show?

While working on our show, I have had to make a few changes to the Channel Config that we are using for this year's show, like color changes, names, etc. After saving it, I had to go through each and every sequence and re-import it to all the other sequences so they matched. This is time consuming to say the least. It would be great if we had an option to make the original channel config as a "default" so when you make a change to one, it would automatically change all the other sequences without having to import it to the rest of them. If this is not currently possible, it would be great to add it to the Wish List.

You must open each sequence and import the LCC manually.

Please keep in mind that automatically applying a LCC to all sequences could lead to issues for those of us who sequence for others.

If such a feature were to be implemented I'd want to see it done in such a way that wouldn't affect other sequences. One way would be assign the 'master' template to be assigned within each sequence. So, you assign "2011.lcc" to a sequence. Then any changes made to 2011.lcc would then affect *only* those sequences that you've assigned to 2011.lcc.

Don wrote:

You must open each sequence and import the LCC manually.

Please keep in mind that automatically applying a LCC to all sequences could lead to issues for those of us who sequence for others.

If such a feature were to be implemented I'd want to see it done in such a way that wouldn't affect other sequences. One way would be assign the 'master' template to be assigned within each sequence. So, you assign "2011.lcc" to a sequence. Then any changes made to 2011.lcc would then affect *only* those sequences that you've assigned to 2011.lcc.

If I understand your msg part "One way would be assign the 'master' template to be assigned within each sequence. So, you assign "2011.lcc" to a sequence. Then any changes made to 2011.lcc would then affect *only* those sequences that you've assigned to 2011.lcc." correctly, it sounds like if I assign 'master' LCC, then all sequences would change automatically, but they don't. I have only one 'master' LCC that I am using. When I change it, it doesn't automatically change all the other sequences that are using the same LCC. Am I :shock: confused? (HA! don't answer that!)

This has been asked for quite a few times and unfortunatly not implamented yet. I have about 70 sequences. I make changes to my display up until a few days before I go live. Typically Thanksgiving night I finally know what my final display consists of and I sit in front of the computer for a couple of hours importing that last config into each sequence. I would love the feature where the sequence points to "2011.lcc" all I had to do was change that file to pick up my changes. I wish I was one of those perfect planners who didnt have to change things, but I am not.

Would there be any way for LOR to create some type of additional program that would not be part of the SE that could do this?

Just select the sequences you want to convert to the newest config file and convert them all at once?

It would be nice to have as I have done the same thing every year, tweak and re-tweak and change colors or button names (channel #'s and controllers remain the same) and have to re-import the new config into every sequence individually through the SE. Would sure be great if there were such a program for doing this OUTSIDE the SE software.

Would definitely make things go a little faster and smoother where colors and button names had been changed.

Well, I guess I am not alone in this issue... When you create a new sequence, the "New Musical Sequence Option" window allows you to "save as default", I would think that all they have to do is include "save as a default" when you first create your lcc file. For those who have different lcc files can have the option of creating several and have to choice to save as default or not.

I understand that there would be a lot more to add to the program, like the link between the default lcc to all the sequences it would be attached to, but hey, that's what they get paid the big bucks for...