Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 opens but then gets stuck...

Trebs

Hi everyone,
just wondering if this is common, or if I have done something to cause it or if anyone else has experienced it...
Upgraded to S3 Advanced (and to 3.0.2) and everything was working brilliantly. All controllers talking, MP3 director talking, all good...
Then went to open it yesterday and the program starts, but I can't open any sequences, it is just stuck and every time I click on something it will "beep", almost as if I have a message somewhere that needs to be acknowledged before going any further, but can't find anything and need to crash to get out. It will open, and run etc if I open it by double clicking a sequence file, but still can't do anything (apart from use that current file opened), can't even save changes...
Not sure if I have done something, or if it is one of those things, anyone else experienced it??
The funny thing is I don't really need S3 this year, everything is basically done, I was just playing and having a look.
Can I uninstall S3 and re-install S2 so things are seamless for this year??
Sorry for long post... :)

What I'd do is use the Windows System Restore and Restore your computer PRIOR to the S3 installation, then re-install S2 over the S2 installation that shows up after the restoration.

You should be able to revert back to S2 without any issues.

If you've converted any of your channels to groups (aside from the RGB grouping) then you will most likely get an error when trying to open a S3 sequence in S2. In fact, it may not even load at all.

Thanks for that...

All my sequences are still S2 version. It has prompted me to save as S3 format when I have made a few changes, but to date have not as I was a little worried if I needed to convert back. I have all my sequences backed up from S2 so that shouldn't be an issue if I roll back.

Thanks again