Light-O-Rama Forums

Logical Resolution

Gregg Hess

I see a number of people have looked at this but I've had no response. I know we have a lot of smart people online so I must assume a couple of things. I assume what I am asking is not possible. I think I need to ask for a "Change Enhancement". So how do I request a Change Enhancement? I love using the macros. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe using macros causes less network traffic than using all 157 channels. This is my concern. I currently have 128 channels and my sequences are built with timings at .05. 32 of these channels are accross the street and I use the wireless to get there. The wireless is wonterful but it's not as good as being hardwired. I am concerned about adding network traffic. I guess another way would be to add another network for the people accross the street but that would cause a number of changes too.

I love the macros and I really love S3. LOR has come a long way since I started seven years ago. The change I could use is the ability to decide how the ribbon is split when I use a logical resolution of something greater than 1. There are times when I want the ribbon split in half but there are times I would like it split by every other pixel.

This would be a firmware change. And I agree it would be wonderful. No ability to do it at all right now.
Send an email to wishlist.

LORJohn is the firmware guy. Maybe he could comment on this. Recall the CCB controller has new firmware so there has been a lot of work in that area.

I cannot see any lag time with the wireless. Logic tells us there must be some but I cannot see it. I had some other issues. My first configuration had the sending unit in my garage, about 80 feet from the other side. This was fed with a 10' cat 5 cable. Sometimes the receiving side would get lost, take a break and then start back up. I moved the sending unit to my fromt yard, 40' from the receiver and feed it with a 3' cable. It has been perfect ever since. I see NO lag time and it has never failed me.

• The topic was locked