Light-O-Rama Forums

bottom right of boards burning up

jxnms

I have had 2 boards that have the bottom right of the board burn up from channel 14 to the bottom of the board. One still works however around 14 is burned up and 14 through 16 have power all the time when plugged in. I have 1 that while testing for this year right where 15 goes under 16's resister it arcs when 15 is on and causes 16 to come on as well. I believe this is where the problem is coming from any idea what is causing it or anyone else had similar problems

thanks,

John

Gee two boards. Did one board get burnt and the second board replace the first board in the show. Meaning did the second board have the same load as the first board? If so, I suspect that you have a load that is to big by just a bit. Not enough to pop the triac, but enough to burn up the trace. Is there a chance that something is contaminating the the board and the traces in that part of the board?

Did you build the boards?

If so, did they work at one time?

If not, would be looking for shorts, solder or otherwise.

If they did work, or you bought them assembled, then to Max's comment, look closely at what you had connected to them, and how.

A little more detail on how things progressed to get you to this point would be a huge help.