Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 with superstar

friskybri

So would you recommend the super star or not? I think I might get into ccr's but man the programming looks to complicated. I just got used to sequencing the on, off twinkle, shimmer stuff. Feeling like im getting left behind in the LOR. Sometimes I wonder if I should just drop out. Wish there was LOR for dummies. :X:X:X

I went ahead and got SuperStar partly since it was only $16 more than my S3 renewal and partly just for the instant sequencing feature for non-RGB lights. That way its there if I ever want to try it out whether I ever get the CCRs or not. Lots of folks on this forum are using it now and maybe all the bugs will get worked out before I'm ready to tackle it. I say go for it!

Ok I went and got s3 with 4ccr's. Anyone have a sequence with the ccr's in action. I would like to see how it works. I do better with seeing it work first.

friskybri wrote:

Ok I went and got s3 with 4ccr's. Anyone have a sequence with the ccr's in action. I would like to see how it works. I do better with seeing it work first.

Look at some of my videos.

If you want to see what a sequence looks like, I've attached one for you. It's the first minute of one of my sequences.

I used the instant sequencer for two ribbons. I then exported as .lms format to open in S3.

When you get it into S3 you have a file that shows every pixel as three channels (one for red, one for blue and one for green). All I did was right-click on the first one and choose the option to convert to RGB. In the pop-up window I specified to apply the change to make 50 channels and pressed OK. I repeated this for the first channel of the second ribbon as well.

The result is what you see in this file. It is certainly possible to accomplish this sort of thing without the instant sequencer but it would be a bloody pain. Especially for sequences involving morphs which end up looking like colored spaghetti noodles in S3. :)

Attached files SS_MostWonderfulTime.zip