Light-O-Rama Forums

Tapper Wizard Limit?

PKingRoch

There is no built-in limit. There's of course some limit based on your computer's memory and such, but I would be very surprised if that were 90.

Do you get an error message? If so, what does it say, exactly, word for word?

No error message. Running Windows 7 x64 with 16GB of RAM and only about 4GB in use. The Wizard lets you continue to Tap, but it stops collecting them (button no longer flashes when you tap it) and does not enter the timings into the grid for the non-registered taps when you apply.

Hmmm... I just tried a song, and it worked fine with 1626 taps.

Just to be sure: When you click the mouse, you're clicking on the "Tap!" button, right?

Does it always stop at exactly 90? If so, might it be that it's actually stopping at a certain point in the song you're trying, and you are tapping the same way? If that's a possibility, could you please try tapping in a different way, or perhaps a different song?

What happens if you tap with the keyboard instead of the mouse?

I just did some additional testing. There is more information you need to get this to break and 90 is just an arbitrary number.

Run the tapper wizard against any part of any song.
Tap 10 taps
Press Stop
Apply the taps
Undo the taps
Press Start
Press Yes to discard the previous taps

You can now only collect 10 taps.

I must have collected 90 taps the first time I tried this and that is how I was frozen at that number.

Still not happening for me. I collected 40 taps, stopped, applied, undid, started, and successfully collected more than 40 taps.

What are your other Tapper Wizard settings?

What kind of audio file are you using?

I've uploaded a screen capture of my settings. This is happening consistently here with both WMA files and MP3 files. In my screen shot, I can no no longer collect more than 5 taps in that dialog until I Exit the dialog and start the Tapper Wizard again.

Attached files 274913=15193-Capture.PNG

I can duplicate what PKingRoch is seeing.

I am using version 3.0.2

After the tapper getting locked onto a number trying to switch to the space bar for tapping does not make it go beyond the locked number.

So far the only way I can get pasted it is to exit the tapper wizard and then open it again.

I get the same on new sequence or a sequence from last year.

If you do not "apply" the timing marks it will go past the number of taps you had made previously.

Paul Roberson wrote:

I can duplicate what PKingRoch is seeing.

I am using version 3.0.2

After the tapper getting locked onto a number trying to switch to the space bar for tapping does not make it go beyond the locked number.

So far the only way I can get pasted it is to exit the tapper wizard and then open it again.

I get the same on new sequence or a sequence from last year.

If you do not "apply" the timing marks it will go past the number of taps you had made previously.

I think Paul has already said this, but number of taps makes no difference. (1,20,14,45) does not matter. Once you have applied it, you can't go past that number of taps unless you exit the tapper wizard first.

Get the same results just using the space bar for tapping.

OK, it seems like it behaves properly unless the "Insert effects into a channel" option is unselected.

We'll try to figure out what's going wrong. Thanks for pointing it out.

Just an FYI, I have seen this before when I have been working with a large number of taps (hundreds). I noticed it when I was tapping out a song and if I got stopped or messed up a few times and had to start over tapping (seemed to be with or without applying) eventually I ran into a limit where no more taps would be recorded even thought it looked like it was working the tap count would not change.

What I discovered was that if I saved the file I was working on it appeared as if the tap limit reset itself and then I was able to continue tapping and all the taps would now get applied. I now just make it a habit that I save the file after tapping out a large number of taps before trying again either because of a mistake or a different channel.

Try this and see if it helps...

I have been able to work around this for now. Just a silly little bug actually. Thanks for the verification that I wasn't going crazy!

PKingRoch wrote:

I have been able to work around this for now. Just a silly little bug actually. Thanks for the verification that I wasn't going crazy!

I'm not sure anyone can verify that!:D

CKSedg wrote:

PKingRoch wrote:

I'm not sure anyone can verify that!:D

LOL.. Thats funny right there!:shock: Wish I had thought of that.:D

PKingRoch, You have a sense of humor don't you?