Light-O-Rama Forums

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Linda

The sequence editor quits responding. It seems to work alright until I start to play the sequence in the visualizer then it becomes unresponsive. I worked on sequences several hours this morning without any problems then right after lunch it started acting up and has been doing it ever since. I have version LOR 3.0.2. I sure hope somone has an idea how to fix this because it's really causing me lots of wasted time. Has anyone else had this problem? :D

Is the Visualizer also unresponsive during this, or just the Sequence Editor?

Does it (or they) become unresponsive immediately upon playing the sequence, or might the sequence play for some time and then it (or they) become unresponsive?

If the latter, is it at a certain point in the sequence, or is it more random?

I hadn't noticed but it just happened again and both the visualizer and the sequence editor stopped responding and the music stopped playing. I was playing a video file instead of a music file but it happens with either one. The play range was set at visible screen. It started to play then became unresponsive before it finished playing the visible screen which was set at full screen mode.

It just happened again and this time the music video stopped but the visualizer and sequence editor were still going. I was playing it in full sequence mode this time and it happened almost immediately after the sequence started to play. I used this video in my display last year and don't recall having any problems with it. There were a couple of times that the show stopped responding and I had to restart it but I don't recall what song happened to be playing at the time.

Linda wrote:

It just happened again and this time the music video stopped but the visualizer and sequence editor were still going. I was playing it in full sequence mode this time and it happened almost immediately after the sequence started to play. I used this video in my display last year and don't recall having any problems with it. There were a couple of times that the show stopped responding and I had to restart it but I don't recall what song happened to be playing at the time.

Will that particular video play fine in windows media player? Meaning can you go to the video file and play it in windows media player and it play fine?

In LOR sequence editor video preferences.......What does it do if you uncheck 'use full screen mode'? What does it do if you uncheck "display video"? Will it play all the way thru after unchecking either?

To be clear: It never happens unless the Visualizer is running? Or it sometimes happens when the Visualizer is not running?

If you bring up your Windows Task Manager while the problem is occurring, what CPU% do the LORSequenceEditor and LORVisualizer processes use, about? How about before the issue occurs?

What kind of computer are you using (operating system, CPU, RAM, etc.)?

To be clear: It never happens unless the Visualizer is running? Or it sometimes happens when the Visualizer is not running?

If you bring up your Windows Task Manager while the problem is occurring, what CPU% do the LORSequenceEditor and LORVisualizer processes use, about? How about before the issue occurs?

What kind of computer are you using (operating system, CPU, RAM, etc.)?

I don't remember right now it's happened so many time, but i think it only happens when the visualizer is running. I'll pay closer attention to that next time. When it stopped responding this last time the tack manager showed the sequence editor was using between 2-4% if usage. When the sequence is working and running properly the task manager shows it's using from 4-25% usage (fluctuates).

My operating system is Windows XP Home with service pack 3, intel core 2 duo E8400 3 ghz processor, 3.25 gb ram, NVIDEA GeForce 7300SE/7200GS

It just happened again and I did not have display video or visualizations checked and was not using the visualizer, but I was using the display visible screen in the sequencer.

I'm not sure. I'll have to take more notice the next few times, but I used videos in most of my sequences last year. I'll work on one using just the mp3 and see if I still have problems. The error report said it was a hung app and LOR sequencer exe.mdmp

I'd be interested in whether it happens with an animation sequence or not (i.e. no sound or video)... if animation sequences work fine, then I suspect the issue might be with Windows Media Player.

If it happens only with musical sequences, and never with animation sequences, I suggest installing the latest version of Windows Media Player that is applicable for your operating system.

I suggest doing this even if you already have the latest WMP installed - sometimes reinstalling it clears up strange errors.