Light-O-Rama Forums

Subsequence timing off

colonel

This is reproducable. The subsequence starts about a second early but is correct when the sub (sup.lms) is played directly. It is correct AFTER the first playing but if I close and reopen SE, it is off again the 1st time.

I notice the lms is 1:52:00 and the sup.lms is 1:51:87?

jstorms wrote:

Often when you see this behavior where the sequencing keeps getting out sync with the audio its due to the audio file not being set to a constant bit rate.

These are all 1-3 year old sequences I am updating to S3 and SS. They work fine with 2.9.4. 3.02 seems to work fine as well without subsequences.

I've noticed the SS export sup.lms files are all a fraction shorter in length than the lms version. Could be the timing difference I am seeing?

I've seen the same timing issue the first time you play a sequence containing a sub-sequence.

There is also an issue when not playing the entire sequence (play the visible screen from anywhere - the sub-sequence was always starting from the beginning).

I posted a help desk ticket on the Oct 15th, and sent the sequences to them.

DanR wrote:

I've seen the same timing issue the first time you play a sequence containing a sub-sequence.

I can confirm that. Makes the sequence unusuable in a show unless you only have one song. :P

I just encountered the same trouble. I'm using .wav files so it cannot be due to a variable bit rate.

I can play the exported .sup.lms sequence by itself in the Sequence Editor and it works just fine, but when I import it as a sub-sequence, it starts early and messes up the synchronization.

The help fie regarding Paint Sequence says "Define the CCR channels in it." meaning the main sequence. Those few words could encompass a great deal of work unless I am missing something. Do I really need to define all umpteen-hundred channels for my 2 CCRs? Is there an easy way to add the channel definitions from the .sup.lms sequence into my main sequence?

Bruce Wallick wrote:

I just encountered the same trouble.
The help fie regarding Paint Sequence says "Define the CCR channels in it." meaning the main sequence. Those few words could encompass a great deal of work unless I am missing something. Do I really need to define all umpteen-hundred channels for my 2 CCRs? Is there an easy way to add the channel definitions from the .sup.lms sequence into my main sequence?

Ditto. I'm stuck on Paint, "to what"?

I was able to delay the starting point of the subsequence, by adding a new timing mark and turning the subsequence channel on a little later in time. Instead of turning it on right at the start, it's delayed about 0.17 seconds. I tweaked the turn-on time until the subsequence was synchronized with the music again. I am relieved to have found this simple workaround.

Bruce Wallick wrote:

You may want to consider using "Insert Device", which includes a CCR option. You can read more about it here.

I have a different issue with timing. I'm using S3.0 using sequence editor doing Sandstorm that was edited in Audacity. During playback, the timing mark is behind by about .2-.3 seconds off from what I hear and the waveform. Even turned off visualizer to see if that changes anything, it did not.

I also opened another song that was programed in S2, it seems to be slightly off too, but not as bad. Sandstorm is my first attempt using S3.

I just upgraded to S3.02 and still have the same issue. If I play at 1/2 speed then it's fine.