Light-O-Rama Forums

Best Source for Enttec Pro and DMX cables?

rlw162

I recently purchased some dmx devices on ebay, and before they arrive, I wanted to order a Enttec Pro and DMX cabling. What is the best source for these? I was not able to see any vendors referenced in the forums. Thanks for the help!

I just ordered some DMX 5 pin plugs and wired a Cat5 cable into the DMX pins that match how my decorations are wired (using the orange and orange / white wires to send the DMX signal to the decorations).

You can buy the DMX plugs on eBay pretty cheap and make up a few cables for under $15.

Randy

I'm going to 2nd Paul's suggestion of mic cable and monoprice.

I have been a DJ for too many years and have always used mic cable for my DMX fixtures. I have never run into a problem. I have also never run into the need to add a terminator. And yes, this can be controversial. LOL.

You can get a good deal that is somewhat cheaper than full retail from some of the resellers that Enttec uses in the US and elsewhere.

I'm not at home where I can look, but some theatre places online had decent prices. Look at Stage Research and Production Advantage. Also zzSound.com Those are just a few names I can drag up on short notice.

I got my Enttec directly from the website. There was a small problem with my order, but the sales staff called me immediately and did everything they could to sort it out. Great customer service.

As for cables and connectors, I got my cables from Amazon.com and connectors I got from Seasonalentertainmentllc.com Thanks Greg!

-=CoasterBP

• The topic was locked